Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

What PC games do you play?

BF4

BF3

Arma 3

P3D :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

No Games, just P3D

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

You seem to like strategy games most. If you're a Civilization fan, you really should check out the newly released Civ VI.

Another Vote for Civ VI, I still think Civ IV with the two expansions is the best of all time, but Civ VI is solid out of the gate and does not feel half baked like Civ V did upon first release.

I wish someone would make a worthy successor to Railroad Tycoon II, that was perhaps my favorite PC game of all time.

• Upvote 1

Richard P. Kelly

Dawn of War II

Mordheim: City of the Damned

Total War: Napoleon

Fallout 3

Skyrim

Eurotruck 2

Il2:BoB

Battlefield series

Battlefield 1 (reignited my love of fps and especially great if you like history)

Fifa 17

Elite Dangerous

American Truck Simulator

Assassins Creed Syndacite & Black Flag

Witcher 3

These days, if not flying, I can be found driving along in American Truck Simulator or getting ready to lay out a crazy mountainside house in Minecraft (single-player survival mode, no creative mode cheatin' over here!)

Historically, I've been a big fan of strategy games like the Civ series, the classic railroad tycoons, and first person shooters. There's an ebb and flow as to what I'll find myself enjoying at any given time.

I like old school type adventure games. All of them.

EVE Online due to it's really harsh environment.

Real Flight 7.5 for dry practice.

Uncharted - all parts

Last Of Us

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Sounds like you're in a similar stage of life that I'm in right now.

I've also recently decided to try some new games out, I was always a simmer but also played a lot of EA NHL Hockey, Madden, ect. Mostly sports games but I've recently found myself enjoying CITIES SKYLINES, a lot like Sim City but much much better in my opinion.

Anyway, Enjoy your new found time

Cheers

Greg Z

I'm in my 40s, and for the last 20 years life hasn't allowed me much time for playing PC games. I'm almost unable to do some flying as work and family eats up most of my time, but things are changing and I'm about to make a few life changes that will set me back economically, but free up a lot of time. 

I really want to play some games, but have always been very picky and most stuff made after the mid 1990s have failed to interest me. I loved Civilizaition I & II, Railroad Tycoon, Pirates, Oil Imperium, Ports of Call, Dune 2, Sim City, X-Com, Second Front, Doom, Duke Nukem',  Populous, Capitalism, and a few more.

I like it simple - yet complicated, kinda like chess - which I play a lot on my cellphone. I love games that have lots of playability, are easy to learn and not too action packed - I'm more of a strategy and turn based type of guy. I have never liked typical console games (Nintendo, Sega etc.). The only "new" games I've played are GTA III and Vice City, but never bothered to finish San Andreas. I also played a few of the first Call of Duty games - but am not interested in 1st person shooters anymore.

So what do you recommend for a guy like me, and what great games have you played the last five years or so? 

l would recommend  american truck simulator  or europe truck sim 2       pretty simple and fun driving18 wheelers on the sim is a blast  you also get a radio you can listen to in the truck sim pretty cool

I barely have time for P3D these days.  But if I do have an extra hour or so, I'll play:

The Bioshock series

The Batman series

Telltale's adventures (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, etc)

Mass Effect series  (Thinking about it, Mass Effect 3 has been out almost 4 years and I haven't started it yet)

Currently. Witcher 3, Doom, Dishonored (will get the sequal soon) Crysis3 which I got very cheap in the recent Black Friday sales, and just as well as its rubbish, but the graphics are very nice. I've always got Half Life 2 on my system, which I love to dip in to now and then. On the PS4 I have Star Wars Battlefront, Uncharted4, Skyrim SE and loads more, but I don't get on there often as its connected to the family TV. Uncharted4 is a work of art, with amazing story telling, combined with stunning visuals.

Old one but a good one is Empire: Total War.

I agree with this. Especially with some of the nice mods that exists, like Darthmod Empire.

The earlier Full 3D battle games in the series, Rome (1) Total war and Medieval II : Total war are also very nice.  All three are quite buggy though.

Personally  I don't like the games that was made after ETW/Nap. TW.  Shogun II and Rome II (with it's expansion) have a little too much "console features" like

XP, levelling up of your factions agents/heros. Like your general gains XP and eventually you will be asked to pick a trait for him.

In the games mentioned in the beginning of the post, the agents will get traits/ancillaries based on how you play them and how successful they are

doing their "things":

These are the games I've spent most of my time on when not FS-ing...

• Fallout 3/New Vegas/4
  • Skyrim
  • Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy/Red Thunder/Fortress Italy/Final Blitzkrieg
  • Scourge of War Gettysburg/Waterloo
  • Mass Effect
  • Chess

I've only played nr4 of the fallout games and I found it to be pretty good but very small/short though.

if you (simmerhead) want a good offline single player role playing game, Skyrim (aka oldrim) or Skyrim Special edition (newrim updated version of the same game)

is the one to look at. There are lots of nice mods for both over at Nexus mods and even without mods you can easily spend well over 100 hours on one play through and

the re-playability of the game is very high since most of the official quest lines are independent from each other. Although due to bugged out quests

it is recommended to play one of the side quest lines before one completes the main quest.  Skyrim is a huge open world game.

---

There are also Paradox Interactive and their games. Strategy game series like Hearts of Iron (I-IV), Europa Unversalus (I-IV), Victoria (I-II), Crusader Kings (I-II) and many other games.

PI's games are sometimes very heavy on micromanagement and such things. Especially the earlier Hearts of Iron games are very complex.

Another game that is kinda nice is Anno 2070 but it also relies on micromanagement.

Civ 6

Master Of Orion

Overwatch

WoW (still...)

Dead By Daylight

This is the Police

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Another Vote for Civ VI, I still think Civ IV with the two expansions is the best of all time, but Civ VI is solid out of the gate and does not feel half baked like Civ V did upon first release.

I wish someone would make a worthy successor to Railroad Tycoon II, that was perhaps my favorite PC game of all time.

Sid Meyer's Railroads was a huge disappointment, and I really wish there was a good replacement for RT as well! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!