Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

What PC games do you play?

I would recommend X3: Albion Prelude (not X3: Rebirth though, that one no fun)...

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

As a lover of the napoleonic period I've been playing NTW3 (a mod for Napoleon Total War) for the last five years, exclusively multiplayer which is the only challenge I can imagine and accept.

Also like Arma III but time is what it is with family and work.

EVE online was turning into a second job, luckly I gave up five years ago.

Based on what you seem to like, I'd recommend Cities:Skyline or Civilization VI.  Additionally, my personal favorite for the past few years is Kerbal Space Program... it's absolutely brilliant and sucks me in every time I load it up.  I'd also put Witcher 3 up there too.

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com

Enjoy your extra free time!

As a lover of the napoleonic period I've been playing NTW3 (a mod for Napoleon Total War) for the last five years, exclusively multiplayer which is the only challenge I can imagine and accept.

Also like Arma III but time is what it is with family and work.

EVE online was turning into a second job, luckly I gave up five years ago.

Nice avatar. Desaix: the real victor of Marengo.

I'm really into Elite Dangerous lately.

Mining? Check.

Trading? Check?

Bounty hunting? Check.

Piracy? Check.

Smuggling? Check

Exploration? Check.

Passenger missions? Check.

Entire Galaxy included? Check.

Planetary surfaces? Check.

Multiplayer? Check.

Multicrew? Coming up!

Full 3D on Vive and Oculus? Ohhhhhh yes.......  :wub:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

OK folks:  No-one has mentioned OBDUCTION !  It's a bit MYST-like, and I don't enjoy going around and killing anything. So I picked it up a few weeks ago..and just could not let it go! Sure, I used a few clues from the help pages, but it was a blast.

If you're over 75 years old like me, give this a whirl. Sure beats shooting at things !

Dave Swigert

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Just turned 73 and still playing games :)

I won't mention FSX or X Plane or P3D because I don't consider them games but they all are in daily use.

Games currently played:

Witcher 3

GTA 5

Sniper 2

Skyrim remastered

Fallout 4

And several others off and on. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Just turned 73 and still playing games :)

"You don't stop playing games because you grow old...you grow old because you stop playing games."

- Some wise man

:smile:

• Upvote 4

"You don't stop playing games because you grow old...you grow old because you stop playing games."

- Some wise man

It looks like we have found the elixir of eternal youth then...

But yesterday I attended to a party at my son's rowing club. When leaving I saw 6 children (13-16 yo) sitting on a couch all, I mean all playing its own smart phone. No one has been saying a word for at least ten minutes, just "oh" "crap" "damn" and the likes.

Girls on another couch doing pretty much the same. I love games, serious and less serious, but I felt a bid sad for them.

Did not complain with my son though as I was eager to go back home to have a tour on my last L18 Venice tile :)

- Some wise man

+1

Late 50's here.  In order of time spent (most to least):

World of Warcraft (playing since beta in 2004)

Civ VI (playing Civ since the first in 1991)

Cities: Skylines

Endless Legend

Candy Crush (rofl!)

EDIT:  typos

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob

been using x-plane 10 over a year now,i was using p3d. other's include

planet coaster

trainz a new era, trainz 17 model railroad

farm simulator 2017.

grand theft auto v, not for the game itself, but for the police mod LCPDFR.

i use to play all the first person shooters like battlefield and call of duty.

been using x-plane 10 over a year now,i was using p3d. other's include

planet coaster

trainz a new era, trainz 17 model railroad

farm simulator 2017.

grand theft auto v, not for the game itself, but for the police mod LCPDFR.

i use to play all the first person shooters like battlefield and call of duty.

I keep hearing about this police mod LCPDFR. I have GTA5 is this something I should really look into?