Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

*Poll* Which new plane are you most excited for?

Which new commercial plane are you most excited for?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Which new plane are you most excited for?

The question is what will the price be if you didn't buy the FSX version and just want the P3D version. They haven't answered that question.

??? The price if you buy the P3D version alone will be exactly equal to buying the FSX version + the upgrade price to P3D. This has been explicitly stated by Lefteris on the Flightsimlabs forum.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

??? The price if you buy the P3D version alone will be exactly equal to buying the FSX version + the upgrade price to P3D. This has been explicitly stated by Lefteris on the Flightsimlabs forum.

Would it be fair to assume then that if you buy the p3d version you'll get the fsx one too?

Ok. Did not know this. So like Rich says, if you buy the P3D version it includes the FSX version then?

Ok. Did not know this. So like Rich says, if you buy the P3D version it includes the FSX version then?

Good question. There was no statement on this. I think giving the upgrade path at no extra cost was created to provide an incentive for people who want the P3D version to buy the FSX version now and upgrade later. If you buy the FSX version now and upgrade later then you keep the FSX version. That was also stated by Lefteris. However, I could imagine that once the P3D version is out, then you might have to buy one or the other (because you then have the choice) and get only the version you bought. But there was not official statement on this yet.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

One of the guys who runs it pointed out a while ago that they've dropped their slogan "Complexity Simplified", so while not necessarily a study sim, I'd expect that the systems won't be superficially represented either.

That's true, QW is doing much higher fidelity and detail as compared to their first product, it's just not to the depth of PMDG, but you should be able to do all normal flows/checklists for example. I still enjoy their 757 even if it does have some shortcomings it's a fun product.

Barry Friedman

TDFi MD95 (as long as it doesn't have PMDG pricing)  

It's going to be $60 and includes all platforms.

How complex will the Quality Wings 787 be?  On a par with a PMDG jet?

I don't think so, QW (remember the B757) has produced medium-complexity aircraft, but with a lot of eye-candy and nice interfaces. PMDG and Majestic are a different history.

Cheers, Ed

787 is the one I'm waiting for. But then again I'm also looking forward to the PMDG 747 as well

+1. Also waiting for the TFDi B717, and it will get the three if I can. The connie doesn't look too much interesting to me, but let's see.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

That's true, QW is doing much higher fidelity and detail as compared to their first product, it's just not to the depth of PMDG, but you should be able to do all normal flows/checklists for example. I still enjoy their 757 even if it does have some shortcomings it's a fun product.

Oh, you are beta tester and know the fidelity of their upcoming 787? Great!

Oh, you are beta tester and know the fidelity of their upcoming 787? Great!

I never said I was a beta tester nor did I state that I had first hand knowledge of this upcoming product, but I have used QW products for a long time and have followed development via their message boards and FB and am aware of how their products have been evolving. What's with the sarcasm and attitude?

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

What's with the sarcasm and attitude?

What about just waiting for the product to be released before judging on its fidelity? They have stated multiple times that the 787 will be significantly more complex than any of their previous products.

What about just waiting for the product to be released before judging on its fidelity? They have stated multiple times that the 787 will be significantly more complex than any of their previous products.

And that's different from what I said, how?

QW is doing much higher fidelity and detail as compared to their first product

Barry Friedman