Sign in to follow this  

Titan X pascal 50% FPS increase over Titan X in P3D v3.4

Ran my standard benchmark test I've used over the years for P3D - see tests 26,34,35,36:

61168602dda277191c9e6ec92ad14e57.jpg

Here are the supporting test files:

ENAT Benchmark .cfg

ENAT Benchmark Scenario

FRAPS Logs

However, two Titan X's in SLI did perform a little better when using SGSS AA vs. the single Titan X Pascal.

Cheers, Rob

But but: £2,300 just for the one graphics card! Phew!.

At least, that's the Amazon UK price for it.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

2,300 quid??! Are sure about that? For that price you can by return ticket to CA and pick one up at $1200. Go to nNidia's web site.

Cheers, Rob?

Interesting data as always, Rob.  Also a bit puzzling as I'm not seeing anything like that kind of improvement since upgrading to a Titan XP from a Titan X...only maybe 10-20% at best in my case.  I mainly upgraded for VR support and improved performance in some other games I like to play a lot, but of course I was secretly hoping for an improvement like what you're seeing in P3D as well.  I'm still on v3.3.5 but I wouldn't think that would make such a big difference.  I'll have to dig a little deeper to see what's going on with my system.

Kevin   

Kevin S

Hi Kevin

I added all my test data results including graphics settings, flight file.  The flight is a basic loop out of ENAT in the F22 -- that's been my reference flight. (no AI)   I used this location because it has a good balance of scenery/mountains/water where CPU and GPU would have a good equal distribution.  I didn't want a location that would be CPU bound ... so ENAT was selected.

Variances are P3D V3.4 and 376.19 drivers and of course Titan X vs. Titan X Pascal.  Also changed the AffinityMask to 21845 (accomplishes essentially the same as HT off only not done thru EFI).

Also saw similar improvements % in XP11.

Cheers, Rob.

Perhaps Rob uses 4K resolutions and Kevin not.

I have a normal Titan X with 3x 1920x1080 resolution.

8x AF / 4X MS

Probably no 50% extra fps if I would try a Titan X Pascal..

Rob , might it be that you have reinstalled the driver for the Titan X Pascal again and that is causing this ..?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I could really live with those ~120 FPS, line 31 and 32 results.

What a pity AA still has such an effect on even the latest cards.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2,300 quid??! Are sure about that? For that price you can by return ticket to CA and pick one up at $1200. Go to nNidia's web site.

Yes, silly. See Amazon entry below.

There may be other traders (probably doing "grey imports"  -- dodgy warranties that way) for less than that, but these things are always much more expensive over here! They may be trading on its relative rarity in the UK to date.

Anyway, I'm okay at present with my 1080, at least in FSX-SE. May consider upgrading later, maybe when I do eventually switch to P3D.

Pete

NVIDIA GeForce Titan X Pascal 12GB GDDR5X (900-1G611-2500-000)
by Nvidia

Price: £2,299.00 + £5.99 UK delivery

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

Only 2 left in stock.
Arrives before Christmas.
Get it as soon as 19 - 22 Dec. when you choose Standard Delivery at checkout. Details
Dispatched from and sold by Server and More GmbH & Co. KG.

2 new from £2,299.00

Ran my standard benchmark test I've used over the years for P3D - see tests 26,34,35,36:

61168602dda277191c9e6ec92ad14e57.jpg

Here are the supporting test files:

ENAT Benchmark .cfg

ENAT Benchmark Scenario

FRAPS Logs

However, two Titan X's in SLI did perform a little better when using SGSS AA vs. the single Titan X Pascal.

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob

Great tests ,

Am i correct when i say that it seems like your SLI solution (old TITAN X) from test 25 is about 15-20% lower than PASCAL TITAN X AND without Dynamic Reflections?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Am i correct when i say that it seems like your SLI solution (old TITAN X) from test 25 is about 15-20% lower than PASCAL TITAN X AND without Dynamic Reflections?

About 16% yes, DR is fairly GPU intensive and the F22 canopy in my test flight will demo DR usage well ... I haven't tested the Titan X Pascal with DR off ... the levels of DR are:

Low: basic world features (ex: terrain, sky, water)

Medium: taxiway and runway features)

High: autogen buildings and air features (ex: stars, clouds)

Ultra: details (ex: particles, vegetation) 

Cheers, Rob.

See Amazon entry below.

Any reason you can't buy direct? http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/titan-x-pascal  (if you did want one)

Apparently the 1080Ti with 10GB VRAM will be out very soon, but it's going to be about $1000 ... I guess nVidia need the cash to keep pumping up their Shield product which seems to be NOT doing so well (nVidia refuse to provide sales numbers which is always a bad sign).

Cheers, Rob.

Rob , might it be that you have reinstalled the driver for the Titan X Pascal again and that is causing this ..?

Not sure what you mean ... but I always run latest DDU prior to driver install of any of my GPUs.

Cheers, Rob.

Any reason you can't buy direct? http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/titan-x-pascal  (if you did want one

Well, that link doesn't work for me, but the UK version,

http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/10series/titan-x/

does, and lists the Titan X at £1099, and doesn't have anything but a blurb for the XP. I guess it isn't released by GeForce over here yet, and that's why it's going at such a premium from importers. 

I expect it'll settle down to something more reasonable when it is released. I might consider it, when I move to P3D, but not if it doesn't have a notable improvement at 1080P (unless I weaken and go for a 4k projector -- though i'd have to pay for installation on top of its price too. I'm not attempting that these days. Too old and wobbly with a bad back and claustrophobia so i won't go into the loft, which would be necessary).

Thanks for the temptations though! ;-)

Pete

I love my Titans X Pascal... Ive also noticed a performance increase coming from two 780Ti's... I've water cooled them and temps are great...couldn't be happier... Merry Xmas!! Ho Ho Ho... the rest of my pc is coming next year when Intel release the 7700k...

IMG_5441.jpg

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Weren't you supposed to wrap those up and put them under the tree...no peeking till Christmas

• Upvote 1

Yes, silly. See Amazon entry below.

There may be other traders (probably doing "grey imports"  -- dodgy warranties that way) for less than that, but these things are always much more expensive over here! They may be trading on its relative rarity in the UK to date.

Anyway, I'm okay at present with my 1080, at least in FSX-SE. May consider upgrading later, maybe when I do eventually switch to P3D.

Pete

NVIDIA GeForce Titan X Pascal 12GB GDDR5X (900-1G611-2500-000)
by Nvidia

Price: £2,299.00 + £5.99 UK delivery

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

Only 2 left in stock.
Arrives before Christmas.
Get it as soon as 19 - 22 Dec. when you choose Standard Delivery at checkout. Details
Dispatched from and sold by Server and More GmbH & Co. KG.

2 new from £2,299.00

You buy it directly from nVidia for £1099 - just got my one through yesterday.

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.