Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Snowy Boston

Mister X KBOS Wow amazing - enjoy  :wink: xenviro providing the weather - pretty cool

2lmq44w.jpg

23u3qkg.jpg

wlzww2.jpg

117sdxg.jpg

• Upvote 7

Rich Sennett

Very nice. Is that snow actually in the game though?

Yes big time hard to tell by screenshot - freaked out loaded sim it was snowing - I live 20 min south of Boston - sure enough its snowing here - yuck - so much for driving the vette tomorrow 

Shot number one you can see blowing snow on runway   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Wow looking so good!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Damn thats amazing... I'm leaning towards X-Plane more and more each day!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Wow looking so good!

Damn thats amazing... I'm leaning towards X-Plane more and more each day!

Thank you Friends - beware X-Plane does need high quality payware aircraft - PMDG - Aerosoft comes to mind   :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Your screenshots look amazing Richard, could you please post your XP11 settings and tell me what add-ons you're using besides Mister X's KBOS and xEnviro? Are you using w2xplane osm scenery from simheaven along with HD Mesh v3 as well?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thank you Friends - beware X-Plane does need high quality payware aircraft - PMDG - Aerosoft comes to mind :wink:

I think that is one of the main things that holds a lot of people back, including me. What good does that great looking sim do us when we have no PMDG 737, 747, or T7 or FSL or Aerosoft Airbus? I know that there are some other offerings for passenger planes but not the same models mentioned above in the same fidelity.

XP11 is looking pretty nice though.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Your screenshots look amazing Richard, could you please post your XP11 settings and tell me what add-ons you're using besides Mister X's KBOS and xEnviro? Are you using w2xplane osm scenery from simheaven along with HD Mesh v3 as well?

Thanks Aaron only using Mister X's KBOS and xEnviro at the moment - settings not in sim right now 1:00am time to call it a night but the usual as most not much to change there really - not 8x aa I can tell you that - 4x - texture quality all the way up - world objects all the way up  - hdr one notch before full but that doesnt matter much from what I've seen having it full - shadows on 

I think that is one of the main things that holds a lot of people back, including me. What good does that great looking sim do us when we have no PMDG 737, 747, or T7 or FSL or Aerosoft Airbus? I know that there are some other offerings for passenger planes but not the same models mentioned above in the same fidelity.

XP11 is looking pretty nice though.

IXEG 737 is an amazing product - but I think that is pretty much it in that high quality range for heavy metal 

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Beautiful shots!

I love the FF 757v2, the mighty Tu-154m by Felis (a true study level sim!) and the IXEG 737, they provide extremely immersive simming experiences.

Especially the IXEG is a pure work of art. The visuals, the sounds, the camera shake effects, the ground handling, the flight dynamics. For me, it's the best overall representation of a modern airliner for any sim platform.

Fantastic shots Richard. I had a similar experience flying out of Calgary last night. The light reflecting off the snow is extremely convincing. I even like the effect of the way the snow falls especially when hitting it at speed. 

Guest Mik75

As I stated several times, do yourselves a favour guys, and perform a night flight and approach through cloudy (snowy and rainy) weather with xEnviro in X-Plane.

How the aircraft lights (even the flashing strobes) illumate these clouds and the haze is really out of this world and so incredibly immmersive. The sense of speed and the sensation of flight you get out of this is so much better than anything I've seen in ESP based sims!