Sign in to follow this  
caaront

How do you fly in XP 10 after installing the XP 11 beta first? Please help ASAP, Thank you.

I installed the XP 11 beta demo and fell in love so I bought the full beta.

I had not liked the previous XP interface, but thought I would give XP 10 a go and maybe purchase a pl;ane or two with the Carenado sale going on, and try a nice scenery or two.

I had XP ? installed long ago and was able to manage my way through the interface so I thought I would download XP 10 since it came free with the beta for XP 11.

I clicked on the installer and then on install another version of XP, clicked on install XP 10, and then clicked only on the U.S. scenery to get an idea of XP 10 and install a region a night at bedtime as I did with XP 11.

I got in from a long day of church and officiating a funeral for a beloved friend who I lost unexpectedly and it said it was successfully installed.

Sure enough there on my desktop was an XP 10 folder just below the XP 11 folder.

I opened it and clicked on the App.exe to open it and try it out, and there was XP 11 staring me in the face, with the XP11 user interface and all.

Do I need to download XP 10 from the XP website?

Do I delete the XP 10 folder, which by the way has the XP 11 installer in it?

Weird.

XP 11 is making me into an XP fan pretty quickly, and I believe that once I am familiar with the XP 10 user interface I will love it also.

Thank you for any help for an XP newbie, but a long time MSFS'er.

I see what happened, the installer noted that I had installed 11, and in the window that had what version  I was installing/downloading it had 11, but I deleted the last 1 and put a 0 there to make it 10, apparently it does not work that way.

I went to X-PLANE.COM AND CLICKED ON OTHER PRODUCTS AND THEN TO xp 10 AND CLICKED ON BUY IT AS i SAW NO DEMO, (Sorry for caps, I am a sight typer, not by touch) Thinking I could install the demo and unlock it for the full version, but it wanted my CC info.

I am lost now as what to do.

I definately got XP 10 free with the full beta, where do I find 10 at and how do I install it?

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell

I installed the XP 11 beta demo and fell in love so I bought the full beta.

You download XP10 with XP10 installer and then you would use your new serial number for XP11 to have a working version of XP10

http://www.x-plane.com/x-plane_10_installer-updater/

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Okay, I found an installer download for XP 10, I assume that it will run as a demo but I can put in my key and unlock it?

I am going to try, will check here in between, and update whether it works or not.

wOOT, hOOT, AND hALLEY hO!

It took my key and I am installing Alaska so I can feel my way around a bit before bed.

I will install the U.S. while I sleep and enjoy the sim some tomorrow and each night I will istall another continent, etc, until its all there.

Aaron Tirrell