Sign in to follow this  
engwerda

OpenLC Europe not installed

I have been away from FSX for a while but now I notice that in FTX Central V2 it says the OpenLC Europe is not installed. What? I paid for it and installed it - is it possible that it is installed but Central V2 does not pick it up? How can I tell if it is there or not? It does not show up in installed products in Central V2 either. I do not want to reinstall if it is there already.

Global OpenLC Europe

Order Number: FSS0307424

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

You don't need to post your order number on this forum.  It's an 'unofficial' forum, so Orbx doesn't respond.

Your best bet is to jump over to the official forum at http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/

Good luck,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Have the same problem. Up to a point now where I uninstalled all ORBX products and looking at an alternative. There is no support from the developer and on the forums everybody is guessing (with good intent) - I have my own business and my customers do not have to go to other customers to solve problems ... ORBX is payware the last time I checked. Come on guys eventually nobody will invest in your product no matter how "good" it is.

EB

• Upvote 1

How can I tell if it is there or not? It does not show up in installed products in Central V2 either. I do not want to reinstall if it is there already.

Look in your P3D/ORBX/FTX_OLC folder, are the files there ?

If so look in your scenery.cfg, are the areas declared in there ?

If these two conditions are true then OL is installed and probably just need to reinstall Centralv2.

[Area.139]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=139

[Area.140]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE9
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU9
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=140

[Area.141]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE8
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=141

[Area.142]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE7
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU7
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=142

[Area.143]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE6
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU6
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=143

[Area.144]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE5
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU5
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=144

[Area.145]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE4
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU4
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=145

[Area.146]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE3
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU3
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=146

[Area.147]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE2
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU2
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=147

[Area.148]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE10
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU10
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=148

[Area.149]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU1
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=149

[Area.150]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=150

Have the same problem. Up to a point now where I uninstalled all ORBX products and looking at an alternative. There is no support from the developer

You really need to migrate your products over from FSS to the ORBX system and install Central V3.

Full instructions on this rather painless process are on the Official forum.

Central V2 is obsolete now, if you want future patches you need to migrate your stuff over.

Glynn,

Thank you. Yes, the folder is there and the files are there at C:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_OLC. The OpenLC Europe files also are listed  in the scenery tab in FSX. However they do not appear in the scenery .cfg for FSX. What does that suggest? Do I have it or not? I must say I have some sympathy for BAW48. As only a moderately proficient computer user I really do not think I should have to jump through all these hoops. Someone much younger and more literate might think nothing of uninstalling, reinstalling, changing set ups and what have you but for  me it just causes irritation and concern.

However I do appreciate the trouble you have gone to to provide help. Thank you.

Gerry

However they do not appear in the scenery .cfg for FSX

Which scenery.cfg are you checking ? I don't use FSX anymore but if I remember correctly there are two, one in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\ and a backup version in your FSX directory.

the one to check is in your ProgramData directory, but if you say it shows up inside the FSX scenery tab then it's installed just fine.

You really need to migrate your purchases over to the ORBX store system from FSS and start using Central V3, this way you will get all future patches directly from the ORBX servers.

Central V2 is now a deprecated system.

Full instructions are available at the official forum.

Glynn,

I was looking in the wrong area. I did what you suggested and looked under  Program Data and sure enough there it was. Many thanks - you have saved me a lot of work and trouble and I am very grateful. It is people like you who take the time to others out that makes these forums so worthwhile.

many thanks,

gerry

Open LC Europe does appear where it was suggested I look. And I updated to Central V3.30 as suggested. Open LC Europe is definitely installed but still does not show up in Central. Any help?

Gerry

13 hours ago, engwerda said:

Open LC Europe does appear where it was suggested I look. And I updated to Central V3.30 as suggested. Open LC Europe is definitely installed but still does not show up in Central. Any help?

Gerry

Holy smokes, your still looking for it after 3 years since the last post?

Perhaps you should reach out to ORBX for official support since you’ve been having issues for 3 years now, if no one here can seem to help you.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

23 hours ago, engwerda said:

Gerry

Have you transferred Open LC Europe from FSS over to the Orbx store as has already been suggested? If you haven’t done this then it will not appear in FTX Central despite being installed in your FSX set up. 

Bill

Thank you both for your suggestions. How does one transfer that purchase over to the Orbx store?

cmpbellsjc - has it really been three years? - lordy, lordy ..how time does fly. :)

22 minutes ago, engwerda said:

cmpbellsjc - has it really been three years? - lordy, lordy ..how time does fly. 🙂

Almost. Glynn told you where to look on Dec 14, 2016 to which you replied that day and they replied again saying you can’t find it almost 2-1/2 years laters. That’s what I call a delayed response. I take it you don’t visit here much or fly much as you probably wouldn’t have take. 2.5 years to say that you still can’t find it. Surely you haven’t been looking for all those years?

I don’t know how you even found this old a thread to reply to unless you book marked it or did a search. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, engwerda said:

Thank you both for your suggestions. How does one transfer that purchase over to the Orbx store?

cmpbellsjc - has it really been three years? - lordy, lordy ..how time does fly. 🙂

Gerry, following the demise of the Flight Sim Store, the direct transfer system over to the Orbx store, which Ernie referred to in 2016, is no longer available. Orbx have however provided an alternative means of transferring purchases on their website but you will require proof of purchase. https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/171528-fss-license-transfers-to-orbx-direct-account/

Hope this helps,

Bill

Thanks Bill I will get on to that tomorrow.

cmpbellsj - you're right it has been a while.. I have been playing golf and giving lectures to retirees and have not being paying enough attention to old threads. But this has sort of invigorated me again. Thanks for the responses.