Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

XP 10.51 cities night lighting

Hello,

I am quite new to Xplane and I can't remember which of the rendering setting I need to increase in order ot have the light in the cities. Currently, I can only see lights along the roads and everything else is black. I run HD Mesh V3 and x Enviro as addons. If I remember well, I had lights in cities some time ago but it seems some of my settings resets themselve with 10.51 update.

Thanks for your kind helps,

Pierre

You have to increase the number of "objects" in the rendering settings. More objects measn more autogen and hence more night lights. Also, increasing the view distance should make more lights visible far out. Be advised that your FPS will probably decrease if you increase either of these two settings.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thanks for your answer!

I set Objects and Roads to Tons and I now have my lights back. No FPS loss it seems.

Best regards,

Pierre

Also if you fly in Europe there's a mod changing highways lights and increasing town lights. Look on org for enhaced european lights or something like that.

Thanks Desaix! This mod seems great! I am going to install it reste right away!

Pierre