Sign in to follow this  
EIN_A332

My pmdg aircraft 777,737 arent affect by the wind

good evening folks,,My pmdg aircraft 777,737 by pmdg in P3d dont get affected by the wind even aftering running the installer as admin into P3D both aircraft dont get affected by the wind...Could anyone help me resolve this? maybe their is a file somewhere that missing i dont know but Thanks in advance :)

both aircraft dont get affected by the wind

What do you mean by this?

Full names - first and last - need to be typed at the end of your posts, please.

Kyle Rodgers

My name is Erick Harrison ....when I take off or land or in the cruise my aircraft flies like there no wind even though there is crosswinds and such the aircraft isn't affected by as like their is no wind in sim

Like for example if I'm in the cruise at fl370 and have a crosswind/headwind the planes should be at an angle while still on the route like normal but my plane is still straight and not affected by these winds...

Maybe you have track up and not heading up on your EHSI?

Gert A Barring

Hmm? I'll have a look what's your EHSI?

Where can check that?

Here : http://prnt.sc/div72q here in the cruise with a crosswind and the aircraft isnt affected by it and same with when landing and take-off

That screenshot clearly shows your nose deflected to the right because of the crosswind. The small triangle shows your nose position relative to your track.

Felipe Vicini

Here : http://prnt.sc/div72q here in the cruise with a crosswind and the aircraft isnt affected by it and same with when landing and take-off

Full name in each of your posts, please.

As Felipe mentioned, your screenshot definitely shows you're being affected by the wind. This (again, as Felipe mentioned) is indicated by the triangle on the right side of your course. The triangle is your nose. Your overall track is straight ahead because it is the result of your heading plus the wind factor.

Note the top of your display shows "TRK MAG" and not "HDG MAG." This is a company option. Should you want heading up, you can select it in your options. Please have a look through the Intro Manual to see an explanation of the various options available.

Additionally, you may also want to use this as evidence of using reinstalls as a solution is often entirely pointless. It can actually end up making things worse if the uninstall/reinstall isn't done cleanly. Moreover, this is a study level sim. It's a simulation of an actual aircraft that crews spend a lot of time learning about. If something isn't behaving how you expect, you should first look at operator error or operator knowledge before assigning 'blame' to the simulation.

Kyle Rodgers

If you change your EHSI indicator to show HDG instead of TRK your heading will show at the top as about 258 degrees , and your track magenta line will show going off to the left.

Peter Schluter

and the aircraft isnt affected by it and same with when landing and take-off

On takeoff or landing if you think the aircraft is not affected by a crosswind just let go of whatever you are steering the aircraft with and see where you end up. It won't be on the runway. It will be on the grass or in the trees.

....and in the criuse, switch off the autopliot, get her trimmed OK and leave her alone and watch the course/track/heading change ;)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On takeoff or landing if you think the aircraft is not affected by a crosswind just let go of whatever you are steering the aircraft with and see where you end up. It won't be on the runway. It will be on the grass or in the trees.

i mean after take-off or approach

i mean after take-off or approach

I am confused now. Are you not seeing that your picture shows your aircraft is being affected by the wind? You aircraft is heading (pointing) about 7 degrees to the right to account for the 56 knot crosswind.

Peter Schluter

....and in the criuse, switch off the autopliot, get her trimmed OK and leave her alone and watch the course/track/heading change ;)

No it won't. Unless the wind actually changes.