Sign in to follow this  
Mixer21

737-800NGX Panel State not synchronised with the save?

So, I've been having some problems with the 737-800NGX. When I try to load an FSX-SE save (I don't have a lot of time, and I always save my game to complete the flight later on) it loads everything correctly exept for the previously saved Panel State. I end up with a need to load them manually, it's annoying during the cruise and very problematic during climb or approach (it takes a lot of time to load it and sometimes I just fall :sad: ). And after I manage to load panel state, HUD in the aircraft doesn't work anymore. Is there a solution to that? Everything was working fine but recently it just messed up and I don't know what to do  :sad: .

Kind regards,

Mixer

So, I've been having some problems with the 737-800NGX. When I try to load an FSX-SE save (I don't have a lot of time, and I always save my game to complete the flight later on) it loads everything correctly exept for the previously saved Panel State. I end up with a need to load them manually, it's annoying during the cruise and very problematic during climb or approach (it takes a lot of time to load it and sometimes I just fall :sad: ). And after I manage to load panel state, HUD in the aircraft doesn't work anymore. Is there a solution to that? Everything was working fine but recently it just messed up and I don't know what to do :sad: .

Hi Mixer,

Do you see the panel state files in the Steam installation at ... FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\panelstate?  Note that the PMDG folder is in the top level of FSX, not Airplanes.  There should be three - sometimes four - files with the exact same name as the saved flight but with different endings.

Did you recently install FSX Steam version?  If so 1) do you have the latest version of the NGX and 2) do you have a dual install (Steam and Box versions)?

PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

All of my saves are also in PMDG 737 NGX Panelstate folder (3 for each save).

Recently I reinstalled PMDG 737 NGX and that's when it stopped working. I only have the Steam version of the game

John

Recently I reinstalled PMDG 737 NGX and that's when it stopped working. I only have the Steam version of the game

Hi John,

You should have fewer problems with a single Steam install.

When you reinstalled the NGX did you do a full uninstall (after running the Op Center to preserve your liveries)?  Is your version 1.10.6461, the latest version (a full installer, not a patch/update)?

It's also possible you have a permissions problem if you installed FSX in a programs folder, but I think in that case the panel state files would not be written at all.

PMDG does want your full name in its forums.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I've uninstalled my NGX using the Operation Center. After reinstalling the aircraft I still had all of my previous saves, but for some reason they don't want to load automatically. My version is 1.10.6436, but I can't update because my 737-800 is on a CD version.

John Davies

I've uninstalled my NGX using the Operation Center. After reinstalling the aircraft I still had all of my previous saves, but for some reason they don't want to load automatically. My version is 1.10.6436, but I can't update because my 737-800 is on a CD version.

Hi, John,

You can update via Aerosoft:

http://support.aerosoft.com

Use the tab to scroll down to the PMDG 737 NGX (they also have the FS9 version in there).  Pretty sure the blank box below is looking for your serial number on the CD box.  You then download a complete installation file.  Again, be sure to completely uninstall your current version after running the Op Center.

If that doesn't work, file a ticket with Aerosoft.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Again, be sure to completely uninstall your current version after running the Op Center.

I thought it was Control Panel\Programs and Features. I didn't know you could use the Operations Center also.

I thought it was Control Panel\Programs and Features. I didn't know you could use the Operations Center also.

Hi Michael,

Perhaps I could have been clearer -- I meant to run the OC before uninstalling so as not to lose liveries.  You are certainly right that it is necessary to use the control panel uninstall programs method to uninstall the NGX.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2