Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

Mapping the T/O Config button.

Hi Folks.

I've taken a notion to build a small home cockpit based on the 300. Pretty much all of the switches and levers are mappable onto a board. However, the T/O Config button has me beat. A friend and I have spent a couple of evenings trying to find the L:var for it in both the LINDA and FSUIPC programmes, to no avail. Has anyone else tried this or does anyone happen to know which variables operate the button and callouts?

Regards...Ken

Hi Kenny,

I too have decided to build a hone cockpit based on the 300. My cockpit is built and I am just starting to map all of the switches et so I would be interested to know if you ever sorted this one out.

Cheers

Stinger 

Hi Stinger.

Negative on the T/O Config. button, I'm afraid. In fact I've put the cockpit build on hold at present because of this. The lack of replies would indicate that no one has tried this either. I've been busy with real world stuff lately but am thinking now about researching this again.

Cheers...Kenny

9 hours ago, kenny584 said:

Hi Stinger.

Negative on the T/O Config. button, I'm afraid. In fact I've put the cockpit build on hold at present because of this. The lack of replies would indicate that no one has tried this either. I've been busy with real world stuff lately but am thinking now about researching this again.

Cheers...Kenny

I'll let you know if I crack it

Cheers 

Stinger 

On 12/12/2016 at 2:33 PM, kenny584 said:

Oi pessoal.

Eu tomei uma noção para construir um cockpit de casa pequeno com base no 300. Praticamente todos os interruptores e alavancas são mapeáveis para uma placa. No entanto, o botão T / O Config me bateu. Um amigo e eu passamos algumas noites a tentar encontrar o L: var para isso nos programas LINDA e FSUIPC, sem sucesso. Alguém já tentou isso ou alguém sabe quais variáveis operam o botão e as indicações?

Atenciosamente ... Ken

Por favor, poste algumas fotos do seu home cockpit!!

Olá bigpenze. Ainda não comecei, pois não queria que este botão faltasse na compilação. Minhas desculpas por enganá-lo.

Atenciosamente ... Ken.

On 12/12/2016 at 5:33 PM, kenny584 said:

Hi Folks.

I've taken a notion to build a small home cockpit based on the 300. Pretty much all of the switches and levers are mappable onto a board. However, the T/O Config button has me beat. A friend and I have spent a couple of evenings trying to find the L:var for it in both the LINDA and FSUIPC programmes, to no avail. Has anyone else tried this or does anyone happen to know which variables operate the button and callouts?

Regards...Ken

Hi again Ken,

I have completed the Overhead Panel, Autopilot mapping and all works ok so far. I have now got onto the throttle quadrant panel which includes the T/O CONFIG switch that you refer to.

I have found a handful of Lvars which seem to be for this but first I need to know what this switch achieves, as in normal operation of the aircraft I haven't been using it. I assume the purpose is to check that the T/O configuration has been set and if it finds something that is not at the correct setting it calls out a warning. Am I right in my assumption?

regards

Keith

Hi Keith.

Yes, that is correct. It will give an aural callout if any or all of Flaps, Parking Brake or Trim is not set correctly for take-off. I press it prior to taxy  and again at the hold before entering the runway. If everything is set correctly it will give a callout of 'Take-off Okay'

Good work with the cockpit so far. I have not as yet made a start as we are thinking of re-working our front room bench. My wife Sandra likes to make Greetings cards and I help out with the graphics. I have the other side of the bench for the sim and we overlap a bit somewhere in the middle. We are going to be re-flooring the room, so that will require the bench/desk to be dismantled. This is where the rebuild of the bench will come in, so there's not much point in starting a cockpit build at the moment.

Cheers...Ken.

The LVAR is "L:ASD_BTN_TO_CONFIG_EMB505"

You can make a FSUIPC macro to operate it.  The body of the macro is:

[Macros]
1=L:ASD_BTN_TO_CONFIG_EMB505=Set

A tutorial for making the macro can be found here:

The actions that this button performs certainly seem to be complex. I have managed to configure a switch that when flicked calls out

'Take-off Okay' but the button in the sim appears to be using some sort of timing buffer because I have found that if I flick my switch

twice in quick succesion it will call out once, but if i flick my switch just the once it will continually replay the 'Take-off Okay' callout.

There is an Lvar "BUFFER_P300_Take_OFF_OK"  involved but I cannot at the moment figure out how. Did you get as far as this

when you took a look with your friend? If so, can you shed any light on the buffer Lvar?

Any help greatly appreciated on this one!

cheers

Keith

I am off to work, but I will look at the callout buffer tonight.  If you are using a switch, you are likely continuously checking the TO CONFIG therefore the callout continually repeats.  A button would likely be more appropriate. 

14 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

I am off to work, but I will look at the callout buffer tonight.  If you are using a switch, you are likely continuously checking the TO CONFIG therefore the callout continually repeats.  A button would likely be more appropriate. 

I was using the same Lvar but programming it with 1 and 0 values for off and on. It appears that your macro using SET might be better. I'll experiment further and let you know.

I Appreciate you looking and chipping in.

Thanks

Keith

46 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

I was using the same Lvar but programming it with 1 and 0 values for off and on. It appears that your macro using SET might be better. I'll experiment further and let you know.

I Appreciate you looking and chipping in.

Thanks

Keith

Ok, I now have the TO Config Button working (although in my case I have used a switch) Here is the LINDA Lua for this. If you wanted to use it

via a button as in the real cockpit (I may change mine at a later date) then just set the button press to call the function "TOconfigTest" and the button release to

call "TOconfigTESToff in LINDA".

Note: This programming will not show the visual operation of the button in the virtual cockpit, sorry I have no need for that as I dont intend to be showing

the VC once my home cockpit is up and running.

function TOconfigTEST ()
ipc.writeLvar("ASD_BTN_TO_CONFIG_EMB505", 1)
end
function TOconfigTESToff ()
ipc.writeLvar("BUFFER_P300_Take_OFF_OK", 0)
ipc.writeLvar("ASD_BTN_TO_CONFIG_EMB505", 0)
end

On to the next button........

cheers

Keith

Errrm...take that back. All is not as it seems. The call out for warnings (i.e "No take-off trim, flaps etc) only

seem to be working the first time it finds one of these is not set correctly. The second time I am getting no call-out

but when I set the flaps etc correctly, I get the "Take-off okay" every time. Weird. More work required!

cheers

Keith