Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

Ready to throw the towel with the CJ2

Hello 525CJ2 Fliers

I have the Carenado 525CJ2 installed in P3d v3.4

I have no problem starting the Aircraft and progrmaming FMS for a flight with SID and STARS. Flight plan controlled by FMS1. Speeds checked OK

I have a problem keeping this plane flying from Departure to distination

Shortly after takeoff aircraft climbs OK for few minutes after AP ON and  NAV and VNAV ON

VS goes from programmed 1500 to 5000 to 7000 and even higher and speed is reduced to stall and aircraft shakes like crazy

Pressing VS ON,  ALT goes ON and Ascending stops,  VNAV goes Off

Pressing ALT to Off VS goes off - Pressing VS ON ALT goes ON

ALT resets itself to lower Altitude. Lets say I set at 10000 initial climb it sets itself to something like 2000

I do not understand the logic of the Proline 21 MSP at all.

I fly all the PMDG aircrafts from 737 to 747, to 777, Aerosoft Airbus, Real Air Duke etc. No Problems whatsoever

I just wanted to fly Business jet for change

I watched some video tutorials and get excited, try again and fail. what am I missing?

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Guest JustanotherPilot

Bill,

Join the club, I ditched it after 2 weeks. I just couldn't get it to fly properly. Have you tried the 'Unofficial Carenado' forums with Avsim to try and get help? After dropping the CJ2 I went back to the Carenado Cit II with Berts GTN750 and JanekB/ISG mods - it's a wonderful aircraft for transcontinental of short hops and the mods allow SID and STAR procedures.

steve

Thanks for the reply

No Have not not. The problem I have it installed in P3D and My GTN750 is for FSX-SE and I would have to repurchase the P3D version.

And yes I am following the Forum for any help but as you said the MSP behavior is the main problem

It simply does not obey the logic of NAV and VNAV and VS is very erratic.

Bill

And yes I am following the Forum for any help but as you said the MSP behavior is the main problem

It simply does not obey the logic of NAV and VNAV and VS is very erratic.

Old thread...but just started with the CJ2.  A couple thoughts...hopefully this is helpful. 

VNAV: Carenado has not studied the FMS closely enough to make it realistic, and their choice to do everything in XML has limited them severely.  You will only get usable results by accepting the faults and using some workarounds, but the add-on is usable once you adapt.  Their VNAV requires you to enter an altitude for every fix on the flight plan.  In reality, of course, you would only need to enter cruise altitude and the restrictions you desire, but in this case you must do some mental math and enter a sensible altitude for every fix.  I've only used VNAV on a couple occasions but I had worthwhile results...It hit every altitude I entered on the arrival.  Also bear in mind that the VNAV will not stop at the preselected altitude...their VNAV will reset the selected altitude to the next restriction.

LNAV: Will only engage and show correct CDI indications after you select FMS as your nav source and press the AP/FD NAV mode once.  If you select another source, such as VOR1, and then revert to FMS, you will have to again toggle A/P NAV off-on. 

VS/ALTS:  I'm not clear about the altitude issue from your post, but it sounds like you're selecting ALT to get into a manual climb mode?  You should only press VS.  ALT will always arrest the climb/descent at current altitude...this is actually realistic.  One goofy unrealistic thing is that you can preselect a VS rate with the pitch knob.  It will move the magenta circle on the VS scale, and pressing VS will go straight to that VS.  In reality, the magenta circle is a reference to show the required VS per VNAV.

Thank you for your input.

I will give another try.

What I meant by the VS/ALTS is the following: say you preset your ALT to say 10000 at the first fix and preset you VS to 1500.

The moment I press VS after departure the ALT sets itself to something ridiculous like of FLT050. FLT050 is not even programmed in the FMS

Bill

deleted both the CJ2 and the S550 yesterday, cant fly them using the correct procedures as the Avionics are fubar, less said about the Navigraph update the better.

Hi Folks,

Also "retired" my C525 - I use RC4 on all IFR flights - spent 20 minutes programming the FMC - RC4 gives me "Direct To"... The Carenado FMC is unable to perform this operation... Why bother ??? Somewhere along the lines it was mentioned that the Carenado FMC was somehow based on the default GPS - which has exactly the same problem - kind of explains a lot... I don't expect PMDG fidelity - but - I do expect a basic navigational functionality - in a $50.00 plane that touts an FMC... The same price - incidentally - I paid for the Majestic Q400 Pro...

That said - seems we have a few interesting prospects on the horizon...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I feel the same way. I spent countless hours trying to fly CJ2 525 and keep it in the air without over-speeding or decelerating and struggling with NAV, VNAV, ALT, VS which seem to have no logic how they work with the FMS.

Unless Carenado comes up with an update. I am not going back to it.

Bill

What I meant by the VS/ALTS is the following: say you preset your ALT to say 10000 at the first fix and preset you VS to 1500.

The moment I press VS after departure the ALT sets itself to something ridiculous like of FLT050. FLT050 is not even programmed in the FMS

That is indeed odd, and not the behavior I've seen with my copy.  Are you using keyboard shortcuts to control the a/p, by any chance?  Tried a clean install?

Right, their FMS is not good or realistic, so you're bound to be disappointed if that's an absolute requirement for you, but I find it fully usable for navigation with the workarounds.  Just have to be willing to make the compromise, but I do understand why people won't do it.  This add-on is a not a "study sim".  It's just one of very few corporate aircraft available for FSX/P3D, and Carenado/Alabeo is the only firm actively producing corporate aircraft besides Flysimware.

There is a way to cheat the FMS into flying direct-to.  This works with the default GPS upon which this FMS relies.

-Go to your LEGS page, copy the waypoint you want to fly direct-to.

-Insert it before or after itself.

-Go to the DIR page

-Select the line next to the SECOND entry of the waypoint (the DIR page in this add-on functions as an "activate leg")

-With NAV selected, your AP/FD should fly direct-to said waypoint.

Cumbersome at first, but becomes simple with practice.  The irony here is that the CJ2 they modeled is a legacy CJ2, so the FMS-3000 would not be found in this aircraft.  Before the CJ2+, most CJ2s were coming with the UNS-1.  Many, perhaps most, operators have retrofitted GN530s as the most cost-effective way to obtain WAAS.  Carenado could easily have gone that route and more likely pleased the crowd, but they seem too invested in their ramshackle FMS-3000.