Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Fuelplanning MJQ400 question

Hi,

after watching the Q400 cadet training program I have a question about fuel planning;

I noticed that the planned takeoff weight, which in part 5 was calculated to be 25,330 kg or as the MJQ control panel set it to be - 25,410 kg. As I understood, this difference comes from the fact that the control panel does not subtract the anticipated taxi fuel.

However, when calculating performance in part 7, they use a takeoff weight of 26,130 kg. Clearly I've missed something important here?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi,

after watching the Q400 cadet training program I have a question about fuel planning;

I noticed that the planned takeoff weight, which in part 5 was calculated to be 25,330 kg or as the MJQ control panel set it to be - 25,410 kg. As I understood, this difference comes from the fact that the control panel does not subtract the anticipated taxi fuel.

However, when calculating performance in part 7, they use a takeoff weight of 26,130 kg. Clearly I've missed something important here?

Hi Brynjar

The flight in Part 5 was just an example to show the planning process from Dublin to Edinburgh, so the weights are different to the actual line flight that we did in Part 7. 

Strictly speaking, takeoff performance should be based off your planned takeoff weight which is gross weight minus taxi fuel. In reality 100kg of taxi fuel will make literally no difference to the performance calculation so you can save some time by doing it based off the gross weight. 

Does that answer your question or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

Regards 

Ben 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com