Sign in to follow this  
seahorse

How to use CRS, HDG, ALT, ... knobs to control panel/DU brightness

Hello,

I'm using VRinsight MCP v1 with PMDG 737ngx

I programmed the mode 2 CRS, ALT, SPD ... knobs with the corresponding PMDG ngx commands to increase/dercrease the brightness of OVH panel, DU's,  etc...

But in flight when I switch to mode 2 for MCP the CRS, ALT will still change the course or the altitude or speed instead of brightness.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

Please email me out config-hid.lua file from /modules/linda-cfg/pdmg737ngx. Send to LINDA@awginfosys.net.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for emailing the config-mcp.lua file. The assignments for MCP mode 2 and 3 appear correct and should function. Can you assign some of the MCP1 buttons in each mode and see if they work?

I am unable to test the MCP1 panel as I don't have one. Can you do some test for me please?

Go to Setup LINDA page and tick Developer Mode and select DEBUG diagnostic level and tick LUA. Then open the LINDA Console.

You should see each rotation of a Knob or button press displayed. Do you see anything? Ignore the SMP val= and num= lines.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I did some testing and the switches in MCP mode 2 work fine with different commands programmed.

I started the console as indicated above and I can see the mode switch and I detect the turning of the knobs.

I don't know if this has any bearing on the issue, but when switching to mode 2 will first give DISP0=Brgh (the name I gave to mode 2) but then will go to DISP0=INFO, both in console as on the display itself.

Let me know if I can run other tests.

Cheers

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

Hi ScotFlieger,

did you come up with any ideas?

Cheers

Luc Jonckheere

Hi,

coming back to this with some extra information.

If you're in the Linda MCP configuration screen and hoover your mouse over switches and buttons they will actually change to yellow with a red border.

Just now I noticed that if you're in mode 1 then the CRS, HDG, ... knobs change to yellow/red when hoovering over, but if you're in mode 2 or 3 then when you hoover over them the color doesn't change, hence they always use the function of mode 1.

Is there any way to change that so you can also have different functions for CRS, HDG, ... in the other 2 modes? I does work in the EFIS config.

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere