Sign in to follow this  
FredAir

Default airports on top of addon ones

So as the title discribes this is the problem I'm having for many addon airports, both UK2000, Aerosoft etc. The promblem seems to be that the addon airport installs, but half or more of the default airport is still left and put on top of the payware. There must be a way of solving this, but how??

Thanks in advance

/Fredrik

There must be a way of solving this, but how??

Check the scenery library and make sure your add on airports are above or higher in the list than anything else.  If they already are, then do you have some other 3rd party add ons, like FTX regions and/or UTX?

Basically, either your add ons aren't higher in the scenery library and/or you have conflicting AFCADS(files that define an airport - its runways, taxiways, parking spots, etc).  You can do a simple search from your P3D root directory in windows for the airport(s) ICAO codes that your having trouble with.  So for Gatwick let's say, search for EGKK and there should be no other AFCAD files for EGKK other than the ones from the 3rd party scenery you WANT to be there.  Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Stupid and senile and dense me....plagued for years with the same PERCEIVED conflict between the Scriptures...ERRR...sceneries, I am asking for a definitive answer...

By priority, do you mean highest, visually, as-seen-in-sim-World-Library(Menu,World,Scenery Library)https://imgur.com/gallery/56yYV ..and the lowest Priority number

Or...

lowest, Area number

I.e. [Area.001] as seen in a text editor is the highest, priority?

I always thought that the priority was

Vector which lies on top of;

Texture(Photoreal, and land class, LC) which lie on top of;

Objects which lie on top of;

Mesh

But with kinda cryptic naming from the likes of Orbx, e.g. all, (who all seem to be saying...I'm priority...no me....nooooMEEEE...NO...)

it's hard for an old fart to know which is which. And WHOSE layer(s) should be on top of...ummmm....whoms?.

My brain hurts ...gonna go back to sleep...or go out ta the garden and eat worms..depending how active I feel like being.

Happiest Chanukah, Quantza,, chalumba Dumba, Christmas season cheers to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Check the scenery library and make sure your add on airports are above or higher in the list than anything else.  If they already are, then do you have some other 3rd party add ons, like FTX regions and/or UTX?

Basically, either your add ons aren't higher in the scenery library and/or you have conflicting AFCADS(files that define an airport - its runways, taxiways, parking spots, etc).  You can do a simple search from your P3D root directory in windows for the airport(s) ICAO codes that your having trouble with.  So for Gatwick let's say, search for EGKK and there should be no other AFCAD files for EGKK other than the ones from the 3rd party scenery you WANT to be there.  Hope that makes sense.

well i dont' wuite get it.. I searched for EGCC, one of the most problematic airports, and lots of .bgl and .bmp files appear, also some .txt files. Now I'm not sure which files to delete and which ones to save, or did I not search for the right things?

Addon scenery at top (visual) in scenery library.(Menu, World,Scenery Library. Or as you said lowest number in scenery.cfg.

Vector which lies on top of;
Texture(Photoreal, and land class, LC) which lie on top of;
Objects which lie on top of;
Mesh

It can get confusing for sure. The things to remember - what you have above, let's call them sections - those can be anywhere in your scenery library - P3D will put them in the proper order when they load.

The problem comes in that within EACH SECTION you can have multiple entries and THESE are loaded in the order as in the scenery library so you want all your highest resolution loaded last.

To add just one little bit more confusion - you have the in sim Scenery Library and you have the Scenery.cfg file which are ordered differently.

In the scenery lib you put your highest resolution at the top ( which gives it a low number) but they are loaded in reverse order. The scenery.cfg file with the (.001,.002) entries is loaded lowest to highest NUMBER.

I always suggest work with one or the other, not both - the Scenery library is easier to see.

Hope I have'nt confused you more!

:)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Now I'm not sure which files to delete and which ones to save, or did I not search for the right things?

You're looking only for BGL file types.  The .txt files are probably for procedures(SID/STARS) and stuff like that.  The bmp files are images used in the scenery referenced by BGLs.  So, basically, I would rename all .BGL extensions of the EGCC files you found that you do not want to use to .OFF.  Then launch P3D and see how it looks.  Worst case, you can always go back and rename the .OFF to .BGL and you are back to square one.

But, again, the ones you don't want will be in a location outside of the 3rd party scenery that you are wanting.  So if you have UK2000Scenery\EGCC\scenery\*.BGLs and you also have let's say UTX\Airports\*EGCC*.BGLs, you'd want to change the extensions of .OFF for the ones in the UTX\Airports directory and not touch the ones in the UK2000Scenery\EGCC\scenery directory.

Hope that helps.  You can also use some of these duplicate AFCAD software that has been mentioned here or elsewhere if you'd like too and it would do it for you automagically.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024