Sign in to follow this  
Holdit

Orbx no longer accepting PayPal

I suspect it was the download limit as well that went against a PayPal policy and someone took it up with PayPal. 

Surprising how many Germans don't have a credit card. I respect that 

not likely, at least according to the dev posting on that thread:

"We did not violate a PayPal policy.

Guys, rampant speculation does nothing to restore PayPal or improve the situation. I have laid out the facts of the matter, we ran into an issue with PayPal that severely disrupted our business."

who knows what it is, maybe they will post more later. would be nice to see it back, i usually use paypal for random internet transaction stuff too.

cheers

-andy crosby

There are just too many issues with this company. I would not be heart broken if ORBX as a business entity faded away and some of the talented and creative folks who produce content for them went off and formed their own ventures. I have no doubt they would have much better business acumen than the present owner(s).

• Upvote 3

I'll just use my credit card. People are too fussy these days and make such a big deal out of trivial issues.

To put this as delicately and respectfully as possible, many people in this world, myself included, have had their credit card and bank account information hacked, OR people don't not wish to own a credit card (for whatever reason) so when Paypal came along, it was a viable alternative for the consumer to be able to shop online, safe and secure.  I would find it hard to consider a issue like this trivial, especially those who have had issues like I mentioned, happen to them.  I swear by Paypal and if given the option, I use them.  I also believe that many who are upset are arguing the principle of the matter, but that's just my observation.

• Upvote 2

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I'll just use my credit card. People are too fussy these days and make such a big deal out of trivial issues.

In the last year I've had three new credit cards because of data breaches. Now I've gone to great lengths to shield my credit card numbers from any online or brick and mortar business.  It seems easier for them to clean up the mess than to take the steps necessary to avoid it.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Luckily I have everything I need from ORBX with FTX Global, Vector and EU landclass

so no more purchases for me, I would probably have bought LOWI when released but not if I cannot buy via Paypal.

Probably move to Xplane 11 soon anyway, cheaper platform to run as I head towards a fixed income.

• Upvote 5

Luckily I have everything I need from ORBX with FTX Global, Vector and EU landclass

so no more purchases for me, I would probably have bought LOWI when released but not if I cannot buy via Paypal.

Probably move to Xplane 11 soon anyway, cheaper platform to run as I head towards a fixed income.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I agree completely, that I too have everything I actually NEED from ORBX, and then some.  There are several products I have from them that I refuse to install, due to severe limitations in my sim, but that's ok, I cut my loses and move on.  Since getting into XP (both 10 and 11) i couldn't be happier.  I only have the other sim around because of the great payware aircraft I have, but that could be remedied soon for XP and then all those bits and bytes of ORBX scenery will gather dust on my archive drive.

• Upvote 2

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Here is an update from ORBX: 

For the folks trying to squeeze out bits and pieces of information, I will provide the entirety of what we will discuss publicly unless John chooses to disclose more. Remember that we are a business, and it is not of the nature of businesses to disclose the entirety of their dealings:

1. After the launch of OrbxDirect, we encountered a significant issue with PayPal that jeopardizes all of transactions through the payment method and interrupts continuity of business.
  2. We have suspended PayPal as a payment method on our own decision we could not reach an immediate resolution.
  3. We did not suspend PayPal to push one payment portal over another, we want to offer ease of payment to our customers.
  4. We did not suspend PayPal because of its transactions fees. Our current primary payment method, Stripe, also charges similar transaction fees and we had transaction fees with FSS. It is a business cost that we have had since the very beginning.
  5. There is no security risk to customers as a result of this action, we have never had card or banking details in our possession and it will continue to be this way.

This is the entirety of the information I will provide regarding our relationship with PayPal at the moment. If John decides to speak more on it, we will speak more. The next significant amount of information we will provide on this topic will probably be in the form of an update about future payment methods including PayPal. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

1. After the launch of OrbxDirect, we encountered a significant issue with PayPal that jeopardizes all of transactions through the payment method and interrupts continuity of business.

Not much of a clarification. What would "jeopardize" all Paypal transactions?

I remember when the creator of Minecraft had his Paypal account frozen because it surpassed $750K, but that was only temporary.

Here is an update from ORBX: 

For the folks trying to squeeze out bits and pieces of information, I will provide the entirety of what we will discuss publicly unless John chooses to disclose more. Remember that we are a business, and it is not of the nature of businesses to disclose the entirety of their dealings:

2. We have suspended PayPal as a payment method on our own decision we could not reach an immediate resolution.
  3. We did not suspend PayPal to push one payment portal over another, we want to offer ease of payment to our customers.
  4. We did not suspend PayPal because of its transactions fees. Our current primary payment method, Stripe, also charges similar transaction fees and we had transaction fees with FSS. It is a business cost that we have had since the very beginning.
  5. There is no security risk to customers as a result of this action, we have never had card or banking details in our possession and it will continue to be this way.

This is the entirety of the information I will provide regarding our relationship with PayPal at the moment. If John decides to speak more on it, we will speak more. The next significant amount of information we will provide on this topic will probably be in the form of an update about future payment methods including PayPal. 

So I guess Alex has been designated ORBX Press Secretary. lol

Seems like boilerplate diversion tactics.  The biggie that sticks out for me is "jeopardize".  Why in the world would Paypal jeopardize a business's function unless it is due to ORBX's store being so new and the influx of transactions raised a red flag?  Daniel might be on to something and it would seem plausible.

Regardless, my own personal position still stands...no more purchases from ORBX.  Besides, they raised their prices, and with their rather draconian stances on how they operate, it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Why doesn't Carenado do something like this? Or Wilco? Why is it someone I actually buy from?

LOL.

I'm another of the "I have enough Orbx and won't buy without PayPal" group.  Just had another CC breached this past summer, and I've also learned it is time to start worrying when a seller claims "There is no security risk to customers as a result of this action, we have never had card or banking details in our possession and it will continue to be this way." (quoting Orbx)

I've been following the numerous discussions on XP 10/11 and this move by Orbx is just one more that is nudging me toward that sim.

Greg

Sorry, I don't understand why everyone thinks an internal business decision is any of their business and that they are entitled to know why the decision was made. . If a seller does not offer you the option to pay via your preferred method, you have two choices.  Pay via their allowed options or don't buy ... get over it

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

I'm another of the "I have enough Orbx and won't buy without PayPal" group.  Just had another CC breached this past summer, and I've also learned it is time to start worrying when a seller claims "There is no security risk to customers as a result of this action, we have never had card or banking details in our possession and it will continue to be this way." (quoting Orbx)

I've been following the numerous discussions on XP 10/11 and this move by Orbx is just one more that is nudging me toward that sim.

Greg

I got the feeling, the whole time, that I was listening to a used car salesman. lol

I hear ya, I'm pretty much done with ORBX at this point.  First, the migration debacle, then FTXC3, then their "new" store, and now this.  Pretty much means I keep what I have in place and freeze anything new from them.  If XP takes off (excuse the pun) like it appears, that'll get way more use than my other sim w/ORBX.

I keep hearing from the ORBX sheeple, saying they have no issue, don't understand why people are complaining, yada, yada and all the while I laugh.  Some people get it, some people don't.  It's a free market online so we can really make a difference by voting with our wallets.

• Upvote 1

I Got Global and Vector a week ago both with paypal.

I was gonna get more in near future but in this case bye bye orbx thx for everything.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png