Sign in to follow this  
Holdit

Orbx no longer accepting PayPal

I will be getting LOWI but I am sick of the superior attitude.

I spent a lot of time getting the perfect screenshot set up for their December contest, and was told that there was not enough ORBX scenery shown so it was removed, even though it was over ORBX scenery and you could see it, it highlighted some beautiful clouds, and only showed a small amount of ORBX.

If I am rooting for a fighter and they start getting cocky and showboating it is the end of my respect for them, I automatically go for the dark horse from that moment, it is the same with any business.

Aaron Tirrell

I have a different view.

Paypal is a quasi monopoly and if you ever run into difficulties with them good luck getting them sorted out. Especially when it concerns receiving money from them.

If orbx say there are problems on their side with paypal then i take it at face value.

who wants their income compromised , it is surely reasonable for orbx to safeguard theirs.

• Upvote 5

If a seller does not offer you the option to pay via your preferred method, you have two choices. Pay via their allowed options or don't buy ... get over it

I think we would have worked that one out for ourselves eventually, but thanks anyway.

• Upvote 5

PayPal so far have bailed me out from three disputes with vendors of flightsim addons. And ORBX is the only vendor I'm aware of, that doesn't accept PayPal payment (anymore).

PayPal is expensive (they add 4% when charging German customers for purchases in AUD) but they also seem to offer a lot of security.

If orbx say there are problems on their side with paypal then i take it at face value.

Right. But, this won't satisfy the numpties who think everything Orbx does is designed to deliberately p*** off their customers. To take this action there must be a serious problem and it is clearly going to affect them, as they are well aware how many people use PP to buy their goods.

But, carry on all you conspiracy theory twits, and it's all about ME morons.

..... but I am sick of the superior attitude.

Then go buy from the competition. I'm sure you'll love the warm attitude elsewhere. Or you could find an equivilent for XP :dance:

Sorry but you are one of the above :fool:

Oh and quality post on the Orbx forum btw :Doh:

• Upvote 1

Do any Flight Sim vendors use BitCoin ?  I personally don't use it....and honestly don't know how but this may be a way out for them because it gives the security, convenience and very low transaction cost.  Really good for people with no credit cards.  I don't know how those people in the Netherlands and Germany live without one....I charge absolutely everything and almost never have cash on me.  So common in North America.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

.I charge absolutely everything and almost never have cash on me. So common in North America.

In Europe we all have bank debit cards with chip and pin verification at the point of sale and also to withdraw cash from ATM's. much more secure

People are still buying ORBX stuff?.....I stopped years ago when it became the ###### developer of FSX and their forms became the Gestapo.....lol

PayPal is my preferred option

Preferred yes, but other options are easy too. I'm not going to miss out just because they don't use PP. There are still many companies that don't and they somehow get by.

People are still buying ORBX stuff?.....I stopped years ago when it became the ###### developer of FSX and their forms became the Gestapo.....lol

Classy stuff :nea: but what you expect from the Avsim Orbx forum, which is pretty much a toilet.

Preferred yes, but other options are easy too. I'm not going to miss out just because they don't use PP. There are still many companies that don't and they somehow get by.

Classy stuff :nea: but what you expect from the Avsim Orbx forum, which is pretty much a toilet.

And funny, and you'er here in that same toilet!...nice!

• Upvote 2

But, carry on all you conspiracy theory twits, and it's all about ME morons.

That, too, is classy stuff!

• Upvote 3

And funny, and you'er here in that same toilet!...nice!

Yep :dance:

That, too, is classy stuff!

It really is for you lot :fool:

But it's only you throwing the insults around, numbties, twit, morons and now the forums a toilet as well.

Everyone else is just expressing their feeling about disclosing their CC details on the Internet, which is not an unreasonable thing really.

Still it's ORBX's loss I don't really care either way, but you seem to.

• Upvote 4