Sign in to follow this  
Holdit

Orbx no longer accepting PayPal

I'm not going to miss out just because they don't use PP.

I'm not missing anything, I have all that I need from Orbx.  Nothing I've seen thus far is necessary or needed.

The way I see it the constant issues with their products (I needed few trips down the customer service lane to get it even working - it was a nice experience though so no issues here) made people request refunds which is quite easy with paypal.

PayPal saved my butt a few times when I was sold somebodies vision not reality as it turned out. Not that easy once payment is processed if you used CC.

So yeah, I'm not buying anything else from them for that once important reason - peace of mind.

Whatever somebody feels about it is their choice lol. My money and I do as I wish :)

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Sorry, I don't understand why everyone thinks an internal business decision is any of their business and that they are entitled to know why the decision was made. . If a seller does not offer you the option to pay via your preferred method, you have two choices.  Pay via their allowed options or don't buy ... get over it

False dichotomy, sorry. There are other choices, one of which is customers forgoing future purchasing due to dissatisfaction with the decision, but letting it be known that they would rather be able to buy from their preferred scenery vendor in the manner they have decided to be the most secure/convenient for them, in the hope that enough pressure may be brought to bear to cause a change in policy. It's not a difficult concept.

but you seem to.

I do.

I have all that I need from Orbx.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

The shills defending this decision on the orbx forums make me sick, how can they positively spin this? its just anti consumer, plain and simple. Whatever their 'business issue' is it better be big, because i can see a huge backlash against them from this.

To be honest, i reckon they could require you to bend over and spread 'em every time you purchase some scenery and people would still defend it over there, its like a cult. Insane, and i will not be trusting some little company with my details, when even the big guys can get hacked.

• Upvote 15

I do.

But you have already said you don't mind using other payment methods, that's fine, but why do you have such a issue with other folks deciding that they will not use anything other than paypal.

Personally I have my own opinions on your choice to use a CC on the internet but I am not that rude that I will express them here. do you have some kind of personal stake in ORBX that makes you so defensive ?

• Upvote 5

Do any Flight Sim vendors use BitCoin ?  I personally don't use it....and honestly don't know how but this may be a way out for them because it gives the security, convenience and very low transaction cost.  Really good for people with no credit cards.  I don't know how those people in the Netherlands and Germany live without one....I charge absolutely everything and almost never have cash on me.  So common in North America.

Mark,

I've been wondering the same thing... how to use Bitcoin!

Say ORBX takes Bitcoin, and one of their Scenery Packages costs $50.00 USD.

The current exchange rate is roughly $781.50 USD to 1 Bitcoin... could you pay with fractions of a Bitcoin? For the $50 Purchase, it comes out to .064 Bitcoin!

How the hl do you split a Bitcoin into 781 pieces? :nea:

Oh well...

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

They may have a viable reason for this particular business decision but still I get the feeling that they are pushing their luck a bit too much. I remember their categoric no to making scenery for X-Plane over the years. Sounds a little silly nowadays. Just an example how quickly things move and how you can get caught by your own wrong assessments. 

Hans

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, it's a beautiful feeling I don't need their stuff anymore.  :wink: 

• Upvote 1

If orbx say there are problems on their side with paypal then i take it at face value. who wants their income compromised, it is surely reasonable for orbx to safeguard theirs.

Valid points. As a business owner I'm not really interested in why Orbx has chosen this path (frankly, I'm ambivalent... their reasoning is theirs alone and they have a right to it). At the same time, the consumer has a right to safeguard their income from hackers who would try to steal info from an international trade.

Paypal is a quasi monopoly and if you ever run into difficulties with them good luck getting them sorted out. Especially when it concerns receiving money from them.

In an international transaction, where there are are often limited protections from hackers, I'll take having a quasi monopoly on my side rather than not having it at all.
  • Upvote 3

To be honest, i reckon they could require you to bend over and spread 'em every time you purchase some scenery and people would still defend it over there, its like a cult. Insane, and i will not be trusting some little company with my details, when even the big guys can get hacked.

Was there really any need for this Crude Outburst James ?  I see you have received 4 likes, I guess some folks love a Bandwagon to hope on :smile:  

• Upvote 4

Valid points. As a business owner I'm not really interested in why Orbx has chosen this path (frankly, I'm ambivalent... their reasoning is theirs alone and they have a right to it). At the same time, the consumer has a right to safeguard their income from hackers who would try to steal info from an international trade.

In an international transaction, where there are are often limited protections from hackers, I'll take having a quasi monopoly on my side rather than not having it at all.

May want to reconsider that. Because Paypal is one of the easiest ways to get your information hacked. 

http://bgr.com/2016/01/04/paypal-account-security-hackers/

As far as I know. ORBX keep your CC information. Infact I just bought Catalina today and I know I had to re-enter my CC info. Likely, the information is on a single transaction basis. So unless you have a seriously infected computer, your information passes straight through without anyone holding your billing details. That is far safer than PayPal who houses, localizes, and maintains everything from your CC number to your banking information. That is far more concerning to me than single transaction information being passed. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

These guys at Orbx are really loosing it. First, they spy out everyone's PC with their new versions of FTX Central and now this. They really think they are the middle of the flightsim universe. It's about time to teach them a lesson by not buying their products anymore. I'm really fed up by their attitude.

• Upvote 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

You might notice JV hasn't put his head up in this debate yet. I wonder why? but leaves the heat

to an underling. Not like him if his previous antics are a measure of the man!.

I cannot believe that Orbx (with their business acumen?) could not envisaged a problem with PayPal.

Was never a problem when business with PayPal was conducted through FlightsimStore. I would assume

that volume of sales of Orbx products would have been similar in comparison with Orbx Direct.

The whole concept of Orbx Direct and it's day to day functions and the problems it has generated does

not augur well for the future. The business environment is littered with disasters with companies that

have demonstrated similar traits to what we have seen from Orbx during the last few months.

Noel Southam

With thousands invested in ORBX products over the years, I just hope to continue to use them and enjoy what I paid for, in peace without trauma, drama and belligerence. :drinks:

Don't know what is wrong that there would be such turmoil and commotion from their visible ops. I REALLY want them to continue to succeed and hope they find a way to reconcile their differences with PayPal, and the ORBX customer base.

I concur with many that I am not inclined to use my credit card for online purchases., so for me, the buck(s) quite likely stops here. For a lot of people it seems to be a firm "PayPal or bust" so I sure hope things stabilize over there soon.

Kindest regards and warmest Season's Greetings

• Upvote 2