Sign in to follow this  
Holdit

Orbx no longer accepting PayPal

I am still likeing P3D because of PMDG and ORBX, but less and less for the ORBX, I must get LOWI when introduced, but I think I am finished showcasing certain products in videos is finished for me, there is not oone ounce of HUMBLENESS to be seen at anytime, ever.

Common courtesy beyond in the military is something remembered, not seen anymore, except for a few places.

Aaron Tirrell

These guys at Orbx are really loosing it. First, they spy out everyone's PC with their new versions of FTX Central and now this. They really think they are the middle of the flightsim universe. It's about time to teach them a lesson by not buying their products anymore. I'm really fed up by their attitude.

Wow, just wow.  I may have not always agreed with your stances and opinions, but you take the gold award for that statement, and I am not being sarcastic either.

May want to reconsider that. Because Paypal is one of the easiest ways to get your information hacked. 

http://bgr.com/2016/01/04/paypal-account-security-hackers/

As far as I know. ORBX doesnt house your CC information. I have to re-enter it every time I purchase something. Likely, the information is on a single transaction basis. So unless you have a seriously infected computer, your information passes straight through without anyone holding your billing details. That is far safer than PayPal who houses, localizes, and maintains everything from your CC number to your banking information. That is far more concerning to me than single transaction information being passed. 

If you read the end of the article you cited, then you would see there was more to the story than what you pointed out.

Don't forget that Paypal is a bank.  :smile:

I have personally had good experiences with Paypal.  They saved my behind when I had TWO credit cards stolen and that says a lot.  They called me back to keep me informed, sent me letters in the mail to confirm everything that happened.  I put more stock in a financial entity over someone who claims they don't have your info and we have to take their word for it.

It's bad enough that we have Big Brother watching us at any time online, I really didn't expect it to spill over to a flight simulator.

Oh well, there is always X-Plane.  :P

• Upvote 3

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Was there really any need for this Crude Outburst James ?  I see you have received 4 likes, I guess some folks love a Bandwagon to hope on :smile:  

yeah saw your post on the thread in the orbx forum, guess you wont find it appropriate if you "Don't see what the issue is"

p.s. seems its 8 'likes'

p.p.s They locked the thread, whoda thunk it!

https://www.google.ca/amp/bgr.com/2016/01/04/paypal-account-security-hackers/amp/

Might be worth a read for those who think PayPal is the be all end all.

I'm also a PayPal user, but don't give a rats &@($* if ORBX don't use it, I'm still adding ORBX products to my collection with or without PayPal.

I do feel bad for those who for some reason or another don't have any other options but I do suspect this will be resolved eventually

Cheers

Greg Z

• Upvote 1

This is yet another event/topic that showcases what happens in this community when, time after time, there is too little drama with which we can occupy ourselves with off of the "flight line."

And since when does PayPal have so many diehard supporters? There are other circles where they are despised (I'll keep that can of worms shut). In this day and age, put something on your debit or credit card and if you check your statement or transactions and see something wrong, simply call, email, twatter, etc. the card issuer and request a charge-back or tell them there's fraudulent activity on the account. I remember when only CCs did that but now every run-of-the-mill bank debit card provides that sort of protection as well.

• Upvote 2

This is yet another event/topic that showcases what happens in this community when, time after time, there is too little drama with which we can occupy ourselves with off of the "flight line."

And since when does PayPal have so many diehard supporters? There are other circles where they are despised (I'll keep that can of worms shut). In this day and age, put something on your debit or credit card and if you check your statement or transactions and see something wrong, simply call, email, twatter, etc. the card issuer and request a charge-back or tell them there's fraudulent activity on the account. I remember when only CCs did that but now every run-of-the-mill bank debit card provides that sort of protection as well.

PayPal is simply an extra layer of protection from said bank cards.  It's quite simple.

p.s. seems its 8 'likes'

I see you clicked into your profile there,  Was this to check how many likes you got for that "Click bait" statement you made ?  Awwww so Cute :wub:   :smile:   For future reference you can just hoover your mouse over your Profile name to see your profile Information  ( just like i did when i seen you in your profile)   

*Edit*

I see your back on the Thread again and typing furiously :) 

• Upvote 1

I see you clicked into your profile there,  Was this to check how many likes you got for that "Click bait" statement you made ?  Awwww so Cute :wub:   :smile:   For future reference you can just hoover your mouse over your Profile name to see your profile Information  ( just like i did when i seen you in your profile)   

yes indeed! how nice of you to let me know thank you xx

• Upvote 1

And Elaine, are you any better for harassing said poster?

EDIT: Maybe you weren't lol, been a fast moving thread watching 2 sites ha.... I totally apologize if appropriate!

• Upvote 3

its fine, i can take it :) i merely posted my opinion earlier. nothing more, nothing less

EDIT: Maybe you weren't lol, been a fast moving thread watching 2 sites ha.... I totally apologize if appropriate!

yes indeed! how nice of you to let me know thank you xx

Lol  Very good.  Good banter.   Now boys,  You's have nice likey Night  :smile:

No paypal?!?! What a stupid move! You're cornering yourself by that.

"PayPal are not satisfying our requirements". One year from this decision and we're gonna see Orbx again using paypal due to the lack of sales. And a lot of us, use credit cards inside paypal as a security measure.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

OK, this has gone well past any kind of meaningful civil exchange of opinion.  Locked.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case