Sign in to follow this  
Holdit

Orbx no longer accepting PayPal

Thanks for the heads up.

So no more ORBX for me.

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Wow, what a poor decision.  Won't be buying until/if they ever get this sorted and PayPal back.  I simply refuse to pass out credit/debit card info to every small virtual shop around the world, plain and simple.

Oh well.

Agreed, probably same decision planning as the 'limited download policy' that lasted what a day? Does nobody in this hobby have any form of project management/ customer skills anymore... This just doesn't happen elsewhere. lol

• Upvote 1

Looks like things have escalated pretty quick over there.

Disappointment is putting is lightly, for me.  I wonder what other tricks ORBX has up their sleeve.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I just love reading the reactions.

Thanks for the link.

I don't really buy ORBX so it has no effect on myself but it is entertaining.

Sean Green

The future of ORBX

that-would-be-great_57865a15bd93e7512.jp

• Upvote 2

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I just read the posts on ORBX forum! So many people disappointed, I can't believe they will not reconsider their position. For my part, I pay exclusively with PayPal and I'm very happy with it. In the last few days I had a problem with a famous repaints maker, Mc something, I could get my money back quickly. I was close to buy KAVX, but I gonna wait till PayPal is back.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I just read the posts on ORBX forum! So many people disappointed, I can't believe they will not reconsider their position. For my part, I pay exclusively with PayPal and I'm very happy with it. In the last few days I had a problem with a famous repaints maker, Mc something, I could get my money back quickly. I was close to buy KAVX, but I gonna wait till PayPal is back.

I hear ya Pat.  I cited an example over there about how Paypal looks out for their customers and I have never had an issue with Paypal directly.  If I had a problem with a vendor, they took care of it right quick!  When FSS was handling ORBX products, I used Paypal all the time and it was a breeze, in fact, if I have the option of Paypal or credit card, I opt for Paypal.

I suspect it was the download limit as well that went against a PayPal policy and someone took it up with PayPal. 

Surprising how many Germans don't have a credit card. I respect that 

Matthew Kane

I suspect it was the download limit as well that went against a PayPal policy and someone took it up with PayPal. 

Surprising how many Germans don't have a credit card. I respect that 

Ya know, this is the best guess I've read yet.  Somebody fussed to PayPal, PayPal looked out for their customer, and Orbx was shown to be the problem.

Regardless, I swear they (orbx) treat their customers like addicts (maybe some of us are lol).  They need to realize we DO NOT have to have their products.

• Upvote 3

Ya know, this is the best guess I've read yet.  Somebody fussed to PayPal, PayPal looked out for their customer, and Orbx was shown to be the problem.

Regardless, I swear they (orbx) treat their customers like addicts (maybe some of us are lol).  They need to realize we DO NOT have to have their products.

They have a funny attitude, alright. It's a kind of balance I suppose...please and P.O. the customer in equal measure...

In a way it's sad.  There are other options out there, up to an including, going without fancy scenery, but here is the rub...ORBX KNOWS they are the best and they let pride get in the way of compassion, so they dictate whatever they want, knowing full well customers will complaina nd gripe and in the end, the customer will cave and continue to buy so yeah, it does feel like a pusher->addict situation.

I'll just use my credit card. People are too fussy these days and make such a big deal out of trivial issues.

• Upvote 4