Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Required=?

What is Required=True in FSX/P3D cfg files? The default entries always come with Required=True. What about Add-on entries? Should they be False?

Thanks,

Dirk.

And while I'm at it how about Texture.cfg's Type=Global or World? I've installed an add-on scenery outside of Prepar3d and now adding entries with the paths in P3D's config files.

Thanks,

From the Learning Center

The required flag determines whether the user can remove the entry from the UI. Entries that are required should not be deleted. If the user does not want to use a required entry, then the entry should be deactivated instead of removed.

Normally for an addon you should have FALSE that way you can Untick it from the GUI.

I have done all my addons with the command line in a bat file, but not used Texture as a category , as when you use scenery and point to the paath it includes the two folders Scenery and texture .

Jorge

From the Learning Center

The required flag determines whether the user can remove the entry from the UI. Entries that are required should not be deleted. If the user does not want to use a required entry, then the entry should be deactivated instead of removed.

Normally for an addon you should have FALSE that way you can Untick it from the GUI.

I have done all my addons with the command line in a bat file, but not used Texture as a category , as when you use scenery and point to the paath it includes the two folders Scenery and texture .

Jorge

Jorge, what do you mean by 'you can Untick it from the GUI'? Could you rephrase that sentence?

Thanks,

Dirk.

If you wish to temporarily remove a scenery from the SIM you go...

MENU>World>Scenery Library  (this is the GUI Graphic User Interface)... there the different sceneries have a tick on the left , some are greyed out some not .. the greyed out ones have required=True  the normal ones required=false, see at the bottom Default scenery and default terrain are greyed out as they are required always and should not be remover or disabled.

better now??

Jorge

If you wish to temporarily remove a scenery from the SIM you go...

MENU>World>Scenery Library  (this is the GUI Graphic User Interface)... there the different sceneries have a tick on the left , some are greyed out some not .. the greyed out ones have required=True  the normal ones required=false, see at the bottom Default scenery and default terrain are greyed out as they are required always and should not be remover or disabled.

better now??

Jorge

Ok, got it.

Thanks,

Dirk.