Sign in to follow this  
RXP

TEASER: new things to come...

any discounts to those who cant use the previous version in FSX SE???

Would be nice but don't hold your breath. Dovetail changed fsx internally. Developer did say here or in another thread there WOULD be an upgrade or previous owner price. Personally if it's a new product I don't need an upgrade price but 50% off for same product/ new sim version would be perfect. But at this point I just don't care I'd buy it again (the gns 530) as it was just so damm perfect if it has very recent nav database.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Will existing planes for FSX:SE and P3Dv3 from Carenado allow the new GNS 430, 530? Meaning... If they HAD the option included in them to enable the gauges in the pannel in FSX back in the day. They would not work in FSX:SE and P3D. The installer failed. Will this installer/enabler work with Carenado previous models in FSX:SE and P3D like the old days?

Please say yes. ;)

I want my 530!!!! I will pay full price. :)

Charles.

• Upvote 1

Hi Charles I can't vouch for 3rd party vendors, but I can assure you we'll do our best to have near drop-in replacement to our older GNS product. And like I've said in another thread (or maybe this one I don't remember), if integration is not perfect when first released, we'll work in improving things incrementally!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Is there any news on this ? I am about to purchase a Carenado B200 King Air and want the GNS 530 in it. Will I be able to have the two with crossfill ?

Hi Alf1,

It's very easy to exchange the default GNS530 for the RXP version.  I've done it many times, and have crossfill, multiple units in the same panel, all working perfectly.  If you need help adding the RXP versions, let me know, I'm happy to assist.

Evan Purcell

Thanks Evan, in the Carenado database apparently they say that only one of the GNS 530 will be able to be replaced. And, if you say the two can be exchanged do is it enough to purchase one 530 ?

Is P3D getting close for the 530? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

"Getting close" yes, how close is difficult to quantify in meaningful terms. Rest assured it is our best interests to ship as fast as possible, while making sure 'as fast as' doesn't mean 'as buggy as'.

We're only talking in couple months, if not in few weeks though. Please keep in mind we have to stage the releases among simulators to make sure we allocate enough resources for new-releases support. There is always new-releases problems either with our code and/or user configurations and systems which are not forceable until release.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

"Getting close" yes, how close is difficult to quantify in meaningful terms. Rest assured it is our best interests to ship as fast as possible, while making sure 'as fast as' doesn't mean 'as buggy as'.

We're only talking in couple months, if not in few weeks though. Please keep in mind we have to stage the releases among simulators to make sure we allocate enough resources for new-releases support. There is always new-releases problems either with our code and/or user configurations and systems which are not forceable until release.

Many thanks for the reply.  Very much looking forward to getting a 530 back.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

4 hours ago, ALF1 said:

Thanks Evan, in the Carenado database apparently they say that only one of the GNS 530 will be able to be replaced. And, if you say the two can be exchanged do is it enough to purchase one 530 ?

I may have mis-understood your question.  The Carenado King Air comes with dual 430s, not 530s.  I have not changed the panel types before, i just swap an existing 430 for the RXP 430, or an existing 530 for the RXP 530.  This does not require any 3D model changes, just some planemaker edits and a config file for RXP.

If you want to remove the existing dual 430s and put in 530s that's a much more involved job.  You need to edit not only the planemaker avionics, but also the 3D model of the cockpit.  Still possible, but not something I've done yet.

To answer your question however, 1 licence will allow you to put up to 2 units in a panel.  The Carenado PC-12 has dual 530s and I have both working (as COM/NAV 1 and COM/NAV 2) with 1 RXP 530 licence.

Hope that helps!

Evan Purcell

On 3/3/2017 at 11:34 PM, BluesmanEP said:

Hi Alf1,

It's very easy to exchange the default GNS530 for the RXP version.  I've done it many times, and have crossfill, multiple units in the same panel, all working perfectly.  If you need help adding the RXP versions, let me know, I'm happy to assist.

Have crossfill ? You must have the 530W for X Plane that I am waiting on for FSX. I will continue to wait and not go with the Flight1 units because of those added features. I thank you for answering my questions along with Jean Luc, as now I know I will only need one 530W licence for the KingAir 200 from Carenado (yes, they are 530s).

Moving anywhere closer to release ? I am getting anxious.