Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

No Sound

I have no sound. I have used the Eaglesoft X, PMDG 747 and 737, the A2A Cherokee, and the Twin Otter. I can pick up a faint sound in the cockpit from Accu-Feel of the frame.

So far without luck, I did a system restore, and I also deleted the FSX Config. My speakers do work on You-Tube. Any ideas of what can be tried next?

OK back to basics and my apologies if you have already done so:-

Do the speakers work on any other game, not just a browser app?

Within FSX check your sound sliders and see what windows sound devices are selected for Sound and Voice (try speakers rather than default sound device).

Good luck!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have no sound. I have used the Eaglesoft X, PMDG 747 and 737, the A2A Cherokee, and the Twin Otter. I can pick up a faint sound in the cockpit from Accu-Feel of the frame.

So far without luck, I did a system restore, and I also deleted the FSX Config. My speakers do work on You-Tube. Any ideas of what can be tried next?

First, I feel bad for you. I don't recall ever seeing anyone who has so many issues with FSX and had to reinstall, reformat, or restore as much as you.

So, if the sound in FSX was working one day and not the next day something must have changed. Software updates, new software installed, etc. The computer can't change anything by itself so I'd look to see what you did to your system from the time it worked until the time the sound quit working.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Everything is working now. An update might have been the culprit. Thanks guys for your help.