Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

How do I start Chase Plane FSX SE

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hi

Installed in FSX-SE, had EZYDOK installed, CP didn't detect installation. I started FSX, no CP. Looked on menu items in FSX, VFX Central is running. Ezydok isn't working so maybe CP did something during install. I have no indication that CP installed in FSX-SE other than VFX Central.

What have I missed?

steve

Hi

Installed in FSX-SE, had EZYDOK installed, CP didn't detect installation. I started FSX, no CP. Looked on menu items in FSX, VFX Central is running. Ezydok isn't working so maybe CP did something during install. I have no indication that CP installed in FSX-SE other than VFX Central.

What have I missed?

steve

An icon on your desktop?

An icon in your Start Menu?

The app is probably located in the installation path you confirmed while installing ChasePlane

Let me know if you found it

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hi Keven,

Icon and menu items found.

I did an uninstall and reinstall a few times(detected EzDok this time) and got the  CP main program menu showing but its outside of FSX-SE, I hold the mouse wheel down in FSX and the CP mini menu opens in FSX but cant do anything with it. I just can't get the main CP to show in FSX so that I can do some presets. Wideaspectview has been changed by CP. Do I start FSX then CP or the other way around.

Steve,

Note that the interface can only be shown when FSX is in WIndowed mode;

The In-Sim view selector will be fixed in Alpha 2;

As explaned here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/497365-explanations-wideviewaspect-and-ideal-zoom-settings/ we required wideviewaspect to be set to true.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Guest JustanotherPilot

Steve,

Note that the interface can only be shown when FSX is in WIndowed mode;

The In-Sim view selector will be fixed in Alpha 2;

As explaned here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/497365-explanations-wideviewaspect-and-ideal-zoom-settings/ we required wideviewaspect to be set to true.

Keven,

I was aware of the windowed mode, but CP (in my case ) refuses to be part of the FSX:SE VC. Don't get too involved in trying to find a solution for me, I can wait for the Alpha 2 release.

I need to understand the issue for it to get fixed, Is it that the interface is not showing or is it that you cannot see any turbulence/ can't move in the VC?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42