Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Strange 'blocky' terrain

Hi all, 

Recently I've started seeing a very strange terrain issue. Water appears in the middle of nowhere in the shape of blocks. It's not just the texture either; it really is water (when I landed on it, the sim threw me back up to 500'). Notice how on one of the screenshots, a satellite view appears (as if I was in top-down view, and zoomed out). 

Capture2.jpg

Capture.jpg

Has anyone encountered this problem before? 

Thanks! 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've not encountered that phenomenon before. What FSX are you running? Have you installed any scenery-related add-ons recently; landclasses, meshes, textures? It may help more knowledgeable members who may have solutions.

Good luck!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Now that you mention it, I did install Holgermesh recently. I'll remove it and see what happens. 

Thank you! 

EDIT: That didn't solve it unfortunately. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Had a similar problem some years ago, may have been in FS9, it was in a N.Vermont area close to Canadian border, think the trouble may have been caused by UT-USA conflicting with the then default Canada.  I've just checked it out on 9 and X and all seems well. It was a common problem especially with black "tiles", suggest you trawl Google, starter "FSX scenery black tiles" and see if you have any luck.  Or try the old practice of turning off Addon scenery , also copy Addon scenery/scenery folder to somewhere safe and delete any files that may be in the fault area. I'm sure you know all this, but if you are anything like me blank squares sometimes affect the brain !!

Echofox

I´ve had that issue a couple of times.

Once it was a conflict with a scenery, if I can remember right, once it was a freeware scenery of Sweden. The only way I found out of there was to un-check active sceneries one by one and see how that would affect. Nowadays I am really suspicious about the freeware sceneries, best to stay with the ORBX and other reliable stuff...

I remember having same kind of problem also because I had wrong order of the ORBX products in my scenery.cfg. 

I hope you find a solution.

Hi again,  Kiki mentions "wrong order", do you use TweaksFS - Scenery Configuration Tool, I find this a must have.   I have loads of freeware scenery and rarely find any problems, but taking advice from those who know better than me, any scenery with it's own installer I make a folder on the desktop and install it there then manually copy it to the relevent FSX folder. I always copy never paste.

Echofox