Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

WingsOverFlandersFields sale.

Until 3 months ago or so, it took over $100 to get all 3 versions plus the 3 upgrade addons.

Then the Ulitimate Edition that all of that was offered for $65.

Right now it is $48.74 for the holidays.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/buynow.html

-----------------------------

Reviews:
http://www.overflandersfields.com/reviews.html

wwi sims are basically slow boxkites, so it is very accessible as the targets are slow,

and there is no complicated avionics to learn. 

OFF is always rated among  the very best combat flight sims every made.

This ultimate edition does not require the CFS3 disc to run it (all earlier versions did). 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Wow, how have I never heard of this before?  Looks like the successor to one of my favourite games of all time, Red Baron, right down to the dynamic campaign.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

This ultimate edition does not require the CFS3 disc to run it (all earlier versions did).

Is that information available somewhere officially?  All information I could find on the developers website still says CFS3 is required.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/requirements.html

I'm interested in this but it doesn't look like I can get a copy of CFS3 for less than CDN$60 (used at that price).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I purchase the UE edition (the SimHQ forum is the official WOFF forum), that forum had info that CFS3 is no longer required for the UE edition (but is required for ALL other editions). Sure enough, I purchased (download) UE edition 2 days ago, It runs fine. I do not have CFS3 so can verify it is not needed.

P.S. I will also find where I read the info in their  forum and post the link here. But like I said it installed 2 days ago without  CFS3. 

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4317382/Searchpage/1/Main/410145/Words/Crow/Search/true/EULA?_Two_installations?#Post4317382

The forum thread at SIMHQ where I learned that CFS3 is no longer required in the UE of WOFF.

----------------

My top 3 flight sims are/were  RedBaron 1, WOFF, and MSFS (all the versions since  3).

Yea Red Baron had dynamic campaign. So did BoB Wings of Victory, (the user updated version done by users,  they also have a forum at SimHQ where the users still update BoB).

I'm sure there were others with such a fine campaign, but not many....

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have never heard of this before either.  Please share you impressions.  Sounds like it requires a pretty powerful PC though.

Andrew Jones

That's great, thanks for the forum link... I'm going to pick this up

Dave