Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Some interesting info from the 2017 ORBX Roadmap

+1 Bryan, I'll go for the 64-bit too - this is the biggest advancement in the sim world.

• Upvote 1

It's specifically vague, but it's probably all three. DTG FS, XP11 and P3d x64. In any case, anyone sticking to 32 bit sims will be left in the dust.

Judging by how long it took them to convert all their old 32-bit FSX addons to 32-bit P3D, 32-bit P3D 3.x will have the largest library of existing addons for the for the foreseeable future (many years). It will probably remain the "workhorse" while AFS2, XP11 and DTG FS will be something you mess around with now and then.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

It will probably remain the "workhorse" while AFS2, XP11 and DTG FS will be something you mess around with now and then.

You are starting so sound like JV  :wink:

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Judging by how long it took them to convert all their old 32-bit FSX addons to 32-bit P3D, 32-bit P3D 3.x will have the largest library of existing addons for the for the foreseeable future (many years). It will probably remain the "workhorse" while AFS2, XP11 and DTG FS will be something you mess around with now and then.

Maybe, but XP11 already has enough addons out there (and gobs of high quality freeware as well) to make it viable.

DTG's sim is going to take years to mature I'd guess, if it's even worth anything when it's released.

• Upvote 1

(As a sidenote... you had such a nice avatar once)

Oh, he has a very nice one Michael.

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Maybe, but XP11 already has enough addons out there (and gobs of high quality freeware as well) to make it viable.

DTG's sim is going to take years to mature I'd guess, if it's even worth anything when it's released.

You forgot to mention you better have a lot of money to invest

Rich Sennett

You forgot to mention you better have a lot of money to invest

In fact I spent much more for P3D than i did for X-Plane 10. And X-Plane 11 just looks amazing out of the box and cost only 60 Euros.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

In fact I spent much more for P3D than i did for X-Plane 10. And X-Plane 11 just looks amazing out of the box and cost only 60 Euros.

Franz this is driving me crazy whats with this yellow splash light in the vc when your at dusk and dawn - its terrible I want to use vc lights and have my gray vc - this is in xp11 c172 - xp11 737  - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Franz this is driving me crazy whats with this yellow splash light in the vc when your at dusk and dawn - its terrible I want to use vc lights and have my gray vc - this is in xp11 c172 - xp11 737  - thanks

Seems 'dome lights' are being switched on and off (and even changed as far as colors are concerned) automatically. There is no switch for it and afaik you can't do anything about it. It is one of the only things I don't like about the Cessna. Don't know if other planes have this too. It is indeed way too yellow.

Can you provide a screenshot or a video?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Can you provide a screenshot or a video?

I think he means this: it is a bit too early on this screenshot but later on everything gets very yellow. I also sometimes wish I could turn of that dome light.

31552345822_7e9bcd076e_o.png

I think he means this: it is a bit too early on this screenshot but later on everything gets very yellow. I also sometimes wish I could turn of that dome light.

It's not a dome light, it's the sunset glare. Infact it changes depending on the heading of the aircraft, and disappears when it's dark outside.

Probably it's overdone, or more probably it's not well tuned with the outside lighting. If done a little better, it would be a nice touch of realism:

6301886616_bd2076fcc0_b.jpg

Also, I think that due to some reason (performance?) the shadows disappear too soon at sunset, turning what could be a realistic sunset-colored cockpit in an unrealistic dome light effect. See how much better it looks (and how similar to the RL photo) if I use dataref tweaks to turn the shadows back on at sunset:

cvAwAUo.jpg

Worth nagging those at Laminar to improve this issue! :smile:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

It's not a dome light, it's the sunset glare. Infact it changes depending on the heading of the aircraft, and disappears when it's dark outside.

Probably it's overdone, or more probably it's not well tuned with the outside lighting. If done a little better, it would be a nice touch of realism:

6301886616_bd2076fcc0_b.jpg

Also, I think that due to some reason (performance?) the shadows disappear too soon at sunset, turning what could be a realistic sunset-colored cockpit in an unrealistic dome light effect. See how much better it looks (and how similar to the RL photo) if I use dataref tweaks to turn the shadows back on at sunset:

cvAwAUo.jpg

Worth nagging those at Laminar to improve this issue! :smile:

Wow! which dataref you turn on at sunset for shadows looks really better! i get sort of this reaction  "now this light makes sense"! P3d have these shadows on during this time!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I'm with Jeroen this doesnt look good wonder if there is a way to shut it off until it is addressed I hope 

Wonder if we can trash that effect in plane maker ?

Rich Sennett

Yes, with the shadows it all makes a lot more sense!