Sign in to follow this  
oeker

Any traffic addons to P3D 2.5?

Giving up Mytraffic 6.0.

Wasted too much time to make it work.

Other traffic addons recommended?

Thanks!

MyTraffic 6 is probably the simplest one of whats available to get working in P3d. Are you using an up to date installer? P3d 2.5 isn't exactly new and MyT6 should install to it without issue.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Purchased yesterday. As far as I know there is only one installer included.

Troubleshooting done all the way according to the lousy manual. Inclusive removing aircraft bgl.  And reinstall clean twice.

Unable to get back default P3D traffic too. 

Purchased yesterday. As far as I know there is only one installer included.

Troubleshooting done all the way according to the lousy manual. Inclusive removing aircraft bgl. And reinstall clean twice.

Unable to get back default P3D traffic too.

PM me and I will get it working for you, it's pretty simple really, just a couple of edits to text files and your done,

Hello oeker, 

Installing and setting up MyTraffic 6 for V3 and V2 is pretty much the same thing.  Click the link below,  I have added a section at the bottom to set up MyTraffic 6 Manaully for Prepar3D V2 

Read the INDEX ---) Installing and Setting Up MyTraffic 6a

THANKS!

Very close -but no cigar.

Missed everything with cfg and the little guy showing up. I used the V2.5 menu selection to get there.

Renamed. Aircraft cfg. it read passive.  But done as requested to read "off".

Now getting warning during loading. Splash screen: 

"Simconnect within 50 seconds. Please Use (xxx) tools to configure correct simulator.

But the sim seems to be working OK?

Now the airport is filled up with aircraft. But all static. No radio chat or movement.

At ENBR there is a Braathen parked. Not been flying for 12 years.

Renamed. Aircraft cfg. it read passive. But done as requested to read "off".

What is this ?,

you need to rename \Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.passive (or off) your choice it does not matter really.

One other thing, I have at times needed to move the entry in the simobjects.cfg up a bit rather than have it at the end at number 10

The Aircraft will begin to move after a while depending on schedules, try some different times, sometimes they get going fairly quickly other times it may take a while.

Thanks!

It works now. Moved a bit higher up. :-)

Final help:

How to find the config tool?

Message during loading:

"Simconnect  during 50 seconds. Please use config tool to select correct simulation"

How to get rid of this?

I'm also using MT6 without issue. I agree that it's a pain in the arse to get working. An installer for any payware addon should be completely straightforward without any (or with minimal) bullsh*t tweaking involved. However, I also used Elaine's guide and it worked perfectly after that, and has been working perfectly ever since.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough