Sign in to follow this  
Topher

Strange Problem, cant find answer

My original specs: -

i5 4670k oc'd 4.2GHz

GTX 770 2GB

8GB 2400Mhz RAM

Okay so I have been using the original FSX with Acceleration boxed version for a long time now on a monitor 1600x900 on the above specs, full orbx scenery, PMDG, AS, REX and more, smooth flying to be had 30-50 fps all the time.

Today I upgraded to a 1080p monitor and changed my graphics card out for a GTX 1060 6GB, now when I load up FSX the fps is really bad, like down to 8fps bad, even when I load a fresh cfg with default trike at a default airport I will see 60-odd fps but as soon as I pan the camera it will drop to 5-7fps all the time, I have lowered all of the sliders and nothing seems to change this.

Is there any reason why this is happening, or anything that other users have encountered, I really want to get back to flying.

Any help is appreciated :) 

Sounds strange given the upgrade power. Did you do a full clean uninstall of the graphics drivers before the upgrade? If not, I'd try to completely wipe old drivers with the DDU utility. Then reinstall the current drivers for your new card. As they are from different generations it is likely that older drivers' residuals harm the performance of the current card. Do the clean up in safe mode.

• Upvote 1

Hans

nvidia inspector loaded up your fsx profile ok?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Sounds strange given the upgrade power. Did you do a full clean uninstall of the graphics drivers before the upgrade? If not, I'd try to completely wipe old drivers with the DDU utility. Then reinstall the current drivers for your new card. As they are from different generations it is likely that older drivers' residuals harm the performance of the current card. Do the clean up in safe mode.

This must have been it, it found 2 drivers, re installed through DDU, works perfectly now, thanks! :D

• Upvote 1

This must have been it, it found 2 drivers, re installed through DDU, works perfectly now, thanks! :D

Don't forget to delete your shader cache as well. It's always a good idea after changing video card drivers and video card. The shader will rebuild after you run FSX. Instructions here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/amp/?client=safari

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator