Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

P3D and my initial thoughts

To find out whether the GPU or another component is the bottleneck in your system, it would be a good idea to run a tool that displays the GPU utilization (such as GPU-Z). If you see the GPU running at 100% while P3D is active, then it is definitely being overstressed (which is easy to achieve at 2xSGSS). If not, there is something else to blame.

Howard... forgive me if you've already told us, but what is your monitor types and configuration?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Anyone notice the aircraft I had booted up?

Is that a CRJ? 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Howard... forgive me if you've already told us, but what is your monitor types and configuration?

Hi Dave, I run the Dell 30" Ultrasharp @ 2560x1600 res. BTW, I may well take you up on your kind offer. I will take another look at things in the morning.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Is that a CRJ?

Indeed, the upcoming Aerosoft CRJ-700/900!  It's a real winner, a true piece of art!  Nothing else I can say about it, except that.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Indeed, the upcoming Aerosoft CRJ-700/900!  It's a real winner, a true piece of art!  Nothing else I can say about it, except that.

Hopefully all goes well and it can be released soon.

Wow! Can't wait for that to be released. Will be superb for the short hops I like to do! Do they have an interactive checklist? I loved the checklist of the Aerosoft Twin Otter. 

Hi Dave, I have become very dispondent with all this. Today i did some tests, with all AG sliders at sparse, Vsync switched off, water down to minimum and I was still only getting about 22fps!! This was without using NI too. I seem to have got nowhere very fast with this.  I'm going to go back to FSX until which time I get a 1070, then I may revisit P3d. Perhaps I may call on your kind offer of help then? 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Dave, I run the Dell 30" Ultrasharp @ 2560x1600 res. BTW, I may well take you up on your kind offer. I will take another look at things in the morning.

Even stranger that you need so much filtering from the GPU. That resolution should be a winner. I'm on a 1920 x 1080 HD TV, and use just 8xAnis + 4xMSAA

Even stranger that you need so much filtering from the GPU. That resolution should be a winner. I'm on a 1920 x 1080 HD TV, and use just 8xAnis + 4xMSAA

Is this through NI or the Nvidia CP?

Howard

Sorry to see you have those issues. I successfully complete all of my flights, and recently made a nice one from KBOS (Boston) to OMDB (Dubai) on a PMDG B777, about 11 hrs, without issues. But anyway, don't get upset, because LM will be releasing shortly a hotfix 2 for P3D v3.4.14 that looks aggressively to resolve those OOMs you're suffering from, according to the recent news at P3D website.
Good luck, Ed

Thanks for your input Ed. I'm glad to see P3D works for you.  I would  really like to know where your sliders are set to complete an eleven hour flight.  I now believe there is fundamentally something wrong with my installation.

Is this through NI or the Nvidia CP?

Neither - I set filtering inside P3D. I only use NI for FSX. 

Neither - I set filtering inside P3D. I only use NI for FSX. 

? Blimey

Howard

In the graphics settings menu

Do they have an interactive checklist?

Not to digress too far... Yes sir, on the fully integrated tablet which is located to left of the Captain's position, and to the right of the Copilot position.  You'll love it.

Perhaps I may call on your kind offer of help then?

You bet, anytime.

Just a quick question... did you select NVIDIA in the monitor setup and update your graphics drivers?

Dave Hodges