Sign in to follow this  
nosar77

ENVTEX - Decreased VAS Usage P3D 3.4.14

Okay so i have concluded that ENVTEX works really well with ASCA and AS16, but there is a feature on ENVTEX that optimizes textures from older versions of flighsim and the VAS usage went down a full GB for me and i even have gained much more FPS might need more long haul testing but you guys should definitely try it. I when from having about 3200 to 3600 (intensive sceneries) never had oom in 3.4.14 but the vas usage is out the roof but this fixed VAS usage at least for me. VAS usage is now, 2725 it even been under 2500 i havent been past 3000 in any scenery i am running FTX Global , vector , NA openLC , Freemesh, OFX USA Mesh, and a bunch of addon airports even with settings maxed. 

Okay so i have concluded that ENVTEX works really well with ASCA and AS16, but there is a feature on ENVTEX that optimizes textures from older versions of flighsim and the VAS usage went down a full GB for me and i even have gained much more FPS might need more long haul testing but you guys should definitely try it. I when from having about 3200 to 3600 (intensive sceneries) never had oom in 3.4.14 but the vas usage is out the roof but this fixed VAS usage at least for me. VAS usage is now, 2725 it even been under 2500 i havent been past 3000 in any scenery i am running FTX Global , vector , NA openLC , Freemesh, OFX USA Mesh, and a bunch of addon airports even with settings maxed.

Interesting...could it be the cloud textures you're using?  I use the lowest possible resolution myself.  Any other changes you made to your sim?  I'll have to do some checking.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Interesting...could it be the cloud textures you're using?  I use the lowest possible resolution myself.  Any other changes you made to your sim?  I'll have to do some checking.

I use REX TD Clouds highest textures for clouds.  i use ASCA and AS16 for weather

I use REX TD Clouds highest textures for clouds.  i use ASCA and AS16 for weather

Just one question, are you using REX TD Clouds (I suppose you're talking about Soft Clouds...) together with ENVTEX?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just one question, are you using REX TD Clouds (I suppose you're talking about Soft Clouds...) together with ENVTEX?.

Cheers, Ed

Yes Sir, REX TD Soft Clouds 

Has anybody read what "old textures" are optimized? Are they compressed differently or is the mipmapping different?

I can't share your optimism as in my case there is improvement of about 50 mb in same scenario which is not even consistent.

On the other hand I am still using some textures which are not optimized (as I understand it only optimizes those which it replaces in sim). Will have to test more.

I can't share your optimism as in my case there is improvement of about 50 mb in same scenario which is not even consistent.

On the other hand I am still using some textures which are not optimized (as I understand it only optimizes those which it replaces in sim). Will have to test more.

envtex.png

here is my Envtex Settings as you can see i have every setting turned to the max except clouds because my REX TD uses higher quality clouds, and then i have shaders turned off for PTA usage and then i have ASCA to handle the sky colors but everything else is turned off in ASCA. 

I'm using REX WAHD airports for ground and taxiway textures - tested VAS impact and it was negligent - rest is pretty much same as you have

Again, I can't see that huge fall in VAS usage in same scenario with same weather, same airport, same plane, same gate. It's just the same it was. (2,8 Gig with NGX on default airport and 3.2 Gig on payware)

In my setup (laptop) I've gained 200-300 MB of VAS, which is good enough, by using ENVTEX. I'm still testing the ENVTEX features (and checking the option to optimize old textures), but these are my preliminary findings.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Interesting I must give this a try as well thanks for the info on this

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM