40% on FX series ?

The Overclock , dont have any high hopes, just my to cents

Anyway shall test it..

It's the usual scenario before a new platform is released. All kinds of wonderful things are claimed. Wonderous things were claimed for Skylake too, before release.

It's the usual scenario before a new platform is released. All kinds of wonderful things are claimed. Wonderous things were claimed for Skylake too, before release.

One interesting aspect is, I'm almost positive I read where the first 4 cores could simultaneous multi thread. To be honest I'm not sure If Intel's CPU's do that?

In any event you are right. The proof is in the pudding as they say. All I know is if Jim Keller say's he engineered it to go against Itel's best, trust me it will. For how long, who knows, the point is Intel & Nvidia have had the market too long and we need compitition.

Mediocre increases in performance and big increases in prices are not good for me!

Best regards

BaldyB

The proof is in the pudding as they say.

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating", is the proverb.  :smile:

I agree Baldy, we do need competition. Lack of competition is no doubt why Intel have been satisfied with modest increases in performance with each new platform. It's getting technically harder of course, but they have no need to spend their mega millions on cutting edge research and innovative solutions if not required.

Well not exactly confirmed yet.

"Fresh reports" the article said. I wouldn't define that as definitive. 

This is the other article...

http://wccftech.com/ryzen-overclocks-cpchardware-5ghz-on-air-tease/

It's a sample size that's minuscule too. We will have to wait till there's plenty of these guys around to know for sure what it can do.

Encouraging though that they at least manged to get one core to 5 GHz on air. 

Like martin says: Wait for the release! All the articles that are now written can be completely forgotten.

We have a Huge Winner- AMD 1800X . And at 1/2 th price?  Wow. Intel must be sweating 24/7

Would P3D be happy with more cores, or will clock CPU hz speed still be the determining performance factor? 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

More CPU. Cores won't do much .

But at 4 GHz, if it's truly an Intel killer, it could do well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

More CPU. Cores won't do much .

But at 4 GHz, if it's truly an Intel killer, it could do well

If the first 4 core are multi  threaded it could make a huge difference. Single threaded app's don't care where the threads come from. thread scheduling with logical look ahead features as AMD I believe explained could be a real winner. The whole deal looks very good to me but like everyone says, the proof is in the pudding! Or was that my grandmother? She did make very good putting!

Best

BaldyB

Denis Bolduc

I think that chip will be competitive with content creation , servers, 3d modeling  etc. but  I think it will still fall short for what we want it to be good at - gaming.