12 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Westman, one of the most respected members of the hardware forum with more overclocking experience than any other individual in this community (including yours truly who has been doing it for over 20 years), is completely undeserving of your baseless accusations.  This is the second time in this thread you've thrown around the "Intel ######" label. This is an emotional response to a situation where no offense was offered, and therefore it is entirely unwarranted.  

Secondly, belittling the platform of choice of the majority of users here (FSX) is no way to endear yourself to anyone, and offers no value to the community.  Thirdly, P3D is anything but aging as it is in active development and has had many changes to the code base since first release, including a complete overhaul of the graphics engine.

Finally, as to your contention in a prior post that "boosting memory speed could have sizable results"

Here is Ryzen with 3200MHz RAM tested against the 7700k with 3000MHz RAM:

Edit: I just noticed that the insult you used is actually automatically censored.  You've had to bypass the filter to even include it in your post.  Should've been your first clue that maybe you shouldn't be using it?  

Would be nice to see a video like this but for P3D ... THAT would be very helpful. 

19 hours ago, strider1 said:

You are a Intel Fan-Boy, otherwise you would have ignored my post ! I see you are still missing the point. The point of my post was improving performance, did you not read that part? Not Kabylake vs Ryzen.

If you want to game at low resolution at 1000fps and cook cpu at 5.2mhz, then ok Kabylake wins. Ryzen was designed be an well rounded 8 core multi-threading cpu, at a affordable price. So no Ryzen does not need to catch up, its the other way around. Ryzen is Great at playing modern games ! It doesn't need to win it just needs to be good enough at a good price point ! And it smokes at non-gaming tasks. 

And if your still simming in that aging game called FSX/P3D, sorry. Maybe 7700K is your CPU. Ryzen, 780GTX, Xplane, 4K, high settings, smooth 30FPS locked.

So everybody and their brother was having issues getting a stable ram overclock past 2660mhz except you on day one, bs........

Is your word the Gospel ? Anyone can claim anything to fit their narrative. So why should anybody believe a word you are saying ?

Don't bother replying, im done....

Gentlemen, we should be helping each other and looking for ways that will truly make a positive performance increase to P3D or FSX. I am exhausted of reading such a annoying fight between Intel lovers vs AMD lovers. Guys, don't you all realize that  what really should matter to us is having a chip that would really improve our P3D performance- not the www.WEBSITES>COM  websites out there. I just built a new system and you won't believe what happened. (I will be posting a topic on this shortly). 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, westman said:

Ny longtime friend and teamate did this for AMD at the realease,  he work för Asus RD.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3473862_elmor_cinebench___r15_ryzen_7_1800x_2454_cb

Sure you now better then him,  if i read right  is it 3388mhz 

Since your disciple considers you the Avsim overclocking guru you should create a Youtube channel and start benchmarking sims !

I look fwd to your reviews ! 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

19 hours ago, Glynn said:

But is it really that good a price point,  for something that's just "good enough" ?

Here in the UK these are the prices I am seeing, not that compelling really is it.

Kaby Lake £359

1700X  £368  

4 core or 8 core ?

Are you comparing apples to oranges ?

6900K-8 core, $1049.

1700X-8 core, $399.

Eric Escobar

14 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Westman, one of the most respected members of the hardware forum with more overclocking experience than any other individual in this community (including yours truly who has been doing it for over 20 years), is completely undeserving of your baseless accusations.  This is the second time in this thread you've thrown around the "Intel ######" label. This is an emotional response to a situation where no offense was offered, and therefore it is entirely unwarranted.  

Secondly, belittling the platform of choice of the majority of users here (FSX) is no way to endear yourself to anyone, and offers no value to the community.  Thirdly, P3D is anything but aging as it is in active development and has had many changes to the code base since first release, including a complete overhaul of the graphics engine.

Finally, as to your contention in a prior post that "boosting memory speed could have sizable results"

Here is Ryzen with 3200MHz RAM tested against the 7700k with 3000MHz RAM:

Edit: I just noticed that the insult you used is actually automatically censored.  You've had to bypass the filter to even include it in your post.  Should've been your first clue that maybe you shouldn't be using it?  

Westman is big boy ! I am sure he can defend himself ! No need to stir the pot yourself....

"Amd have lot of work to do before they Catch Intel KabyLake" the semantics for fan-boy were pretty clear in that sentence.

Yep, I seen that video ! 

Last time I played P3D the performance was pretty awful compared to XPX. And it's still 32 bit....... The big question is will they be able to optimize the code so that the scenery doesn't boot up as you fly ? Or should I say stutter as you fly...

Cheers...........

Eric Escobar

6 hours ago, strider1 said:

4 core or 8 core ?

Are you comparing apples to oranges ?

6900K-8 core, $1049.

1700X-8 core, $399.

No point in having 8 cores if they run the sim slower.

Facts, i7700K is cheaper than even a mid range Ryzen, runs the sim better and has far superior motherboards available that run memory at top speeds.

Rather wait for Intels reply to the Ryzen series.

• Upvote 1

This topic has gone from intelligent discussions to accusations and abusive, inciting, and trolling type comments.  Topic closed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10