Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Will it have wing flex?

I wonder what it is so important with this subject so the question is asked for any single new project. :unknw:

It's very important to get it just right, as in post #22 on this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493429-unrealistic-787-wing-flexon-pmdg-777-main-landing-gear-does-not-lift-on-rotate/page-2

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

It's very important to get it just right, as in post #22 on this thread:

And I love the "Goose MD-90" flapping wings!  :Tounge:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Constantly what goes through my head when I see certain questions come up.

Absolutely. I love it. I photoshopped a pic of the 777 a while back where it was at the gate and then in flight, superimposed at the same angle to show how much it moves between the two states. Still one of my favorite sim pics.

My sister-in-law isn't a huge fan of flying (though she'll do it as a means to an end - aka vacation), and really hates turbulence. On a previous flight, she'd seen the wing flexing in turbulence and was unsettled (though she'd later mentioned that she was somewhat relieved by the fact that I was still gloriously passed out in my seat, unworried by it), so I made sure to tell her to watch the wing when we take off to see how much it flexes, and that's not even near the max displacement. I don't think she was a fan of that...haha.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that...

I bet the tow was a bit cheaper though.

I actually set a class time aloft record in the wire launch gliders we built in aerospace class back in high school, aided by the new black running track providing a hell of a thermal. I finally dropped out because I'd forgotten sunglasses that day and it was getting painful to stare up at the sky for that long. Span on those was probably only 6 feet.

I found a weird behavior by the 777 that is kind of a bug but also not really because of P3D 'isms' (e.g the full dome brightness not working). Will remind you when I remember. I made note of it somewhere...

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I found a weird behavior by the 777 that is kind of a bug but also not really because of P3D 'isms' (e.g the full dome brightness not working). Will remind you when I remember. I made note of it somewhere...

If it's an -ism of the sim, then we probably can't do much about it. May also want to open a ticket instead of tacking it into a thread, unrelated, like this.

Kyle Rodgers