Sign in to follow this  
fjr_nate

Phenom and Expansion Pack Issues

I bought the Phenom 300 recently and it has been a frustrating experience to say the least. For payware this seems unacceptable. I'll put off a general review until I give this product a better chance and hopefully find a fix for all the bugs.

So far this aircraft has caused my FSX to randomly have fatal errors and crash. Enough so I can't finish a flight. It also causes the view (spacebar - mouse) to freeze. I've uninstalled multiple times to check it and it's definitely the Phenom 300 addon.

Is the keypad suppose to work?

The problem I'm trying to work out first is the Navigraph EMB505 Phenom 300 Extension Pack install. This causes the Phenom 300 to have unusable frame rates. The frame rates are fine without the expansion. With the expansion it takes FSX about 5 minutes to load. I also updated with the Navigraph FMS Data Manager.

I've found a few things to try but so far nothing seems to work. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.

Hi,

I recommend you to go into the knowledge database in Carenado webpage, where they discuss about issues like yours. May be related with permissions.

Best regards

Problems fixed! 

I've owned every Microsoft Sim since the Commodor 64 version and this FSX version since its release. I decided to try a fresh FSX install. Tough call due to all the addons and tweaks, but the only addon I really cared about was PMDG. Of course I couldn't find the FSX discs so I downloaded the FSX Steam version thinking it might be better optimized for windows 10(not sure). Installed the Phenom and it works perfect! PMDG is now also steam compliant so I'll re-download that next. Frame rates are great and no crashes (the program and the jet).

I'm not sure what the problem was as I tried everything. Most likely a conflict of some sort with one of the many other addons and downloads. The Carenado Phenom seems a little lacking in a few spots but with all the info here I'll hopefully find some solutions and get some fun out of this sucker.