Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

Takeoff power realair legacy lancair V2

Bonjour,

When I set takeoff power with throttle MAX, I get an engine warning flashing with a beep.
I just want to know if it is normal, or do I have to takeoff with litle less power.

Merci

Thanks

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

Max 29,7 Hg à 2700RPM ou 38,5 pour la version turbo.

Real Deraps

Merci Lmaire for your answer.
You are right above 29.7 the engine warning appears.

So does it means that full throttle (30.2) is not recommended for takeoff.
Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

You should never use full throttle/thrust levers for any takeoffs.  Usually around 90% power is more than plenty.  That

should keep the engine mechanics off of your back! :wink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Claude, the user manual for v1 states the following:

"Take-off and climb When lined up for take off, slowly increase the throttle until maximum power is achieved. At sea level you might see the power LED display flash which tells you that you have exceeded the maximum fuel flow or maximum Manifold Pressure. If this happens you can very slightly reduce power on take off. Likewise, if you have set your weather to be hot (above say 85 degrees Fahrenheit) you may see a temperature warning on your engine instruments. Again, slightly reduce power so the LED indicator shows safe temperature."

Previous advice is good and I add this to let you know that your throttle and fuel flow warning threshold may vary with altitude and OAT.

Hope this is of further help to you.

Best regards

Rupert

Thanks Charlie for this advice.

Effectively in the checklist provided with the lancair it is said max TO power is 29.7. My mistake comes that I found another checklist on the web which only indicate that TO is done with max throttle.

Merci Rupert... Everything is clear now.
Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy