Sign in to follow this  
Vodcoke

FSLabs A320 FSX Update is out

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're the person who bought Airsimmer A320 and tried to use it as much as you could during Fs9 time?

Yes, it's me. I deliberately didn't mention Airsimmer here as I know many folks are very negative about it, so I didn't want to ignite any forum fire. :wink:

How is it compare to PMDG 777 in term of complexity and performance?

Such comparisons are never objective. These are two very different planes. In addition, people will always be bias based on which aircarft they prefer to fly.

If you ask me, I can say performance-wise I find FSL a bit, say around 5 FPS, harder (as for VAS I have similar results). I hope for some more improvements in future.

As for the complexity, well the FSL bus is an extremely complex study sim and has different system/logic than a boeing 777, so again - hard to compare.

When it comes to individual perception I had such a feeling of something being exceptional twice so far: when Leonardo MD was out years ago, and when I got MJS Q400.

To make it short and a little metaphorical: if you find the PMDG 777 simulation complex and you enjoy it, you will definitely not be disappointed with FSL A320.

Hi James,

We've reduced our VAS footprint - the cabin extras only added a few kb, nothing that's going to cause an issue.

We did make some improvements to performance - our beta testers noted a gain of a few FPS plus a more fluid result. So I'm interested to see what gains our customers see.

This is not mentioned in the changelog, so I left the bus uninstalled after the news for the update... I think I trie it once more (I would be happy with 15fps instead of 8)

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

This is not mentioned in the changelog, so I left the bus uninstalled after the news for the update... I think I trie it once more (I would be happy with 15fps instead of 8)

Andrew from FSL mentioned that they had also been optimising the VAS and performance footprint in the following comments on one of their most recent posts. For what it's worth I flew it quite a few times in P3D - although not for some time as I've been hard at work on the 777 Program since - and it performed significantly better than the FSX version. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I installed the bus, now FSX is crashing on startup. I give up with this bus, hope I will be able to get FSX back to running

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Made a CAT 111 landing yesterday at LSZH due to very low visibility. My projectFly showed 80 fps but my VA's ACARS and FS Flight Keeper both  recorded 631 fps and  my PIREP was rejected.. Why such a big discrepancy? 

Michael

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

I installed the bus, now FSX is crashing on startup. I give up with this bus, hope I will be able to get FSX back to running

What error are you getting? Try removing spotlights, and restarting. I have issues with spotlights with version > 22

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

What error are you getting? Try removing spotlights, and restarting. I have issues with spotlights with version > 22

Thank you for your answer! It was the sound.dll bug. I forgot that this is always coming up on new install... Solved it via a thread in the FSLabs forum. But I will de-install the bus again.

Beside of the extreme poor performance of this bird it just makes no fun flying with no traffic, killed graphic settings - I never flew "all to the right" but it dies even with low settings - sitting in a slideshow.

I stick with my PMDG birds, normal settings, acceptable graphics, traffic, side programs on same PC AND deep simulation!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Klaus,

It'll be something specific to your setup. We do have customers, like yourself, that experience performance difficulties when running the A320-X - but after a brief session with one of our support staff over remote desktop, such issues are nearly always resolved.

If you'd like to request some help, please raise your request in our support forum and one of our staff can help. 

Edit - I've just seen your computer spec. I'm afraid this falls short of our minimum requirements for the A320-X (as detailed on our product page). If you'd like to start a topic in our support forum, I'm sure others will have some helpful tips as to how you can boost the performance of your system.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Yes, it's me. I deliberately didn't mention Airsimmer here as I know many folks are very negative about it, so I didn't want to ignite any forum fire. :wink:

LOL, I still have the Airsimmer link on my browser bookmarks, It was a great leap forward for FS9, sadly, it didn't make it to fsx.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

it didn't make it to fsx.

Yes, it had a real chance to become an FSL of FS9 and then FSX.

Unfortunately the development was stopped indefinitely and Au Revoir!

Fortunately we have FSL today.

Thank you for your answer! It was the sound.dll bug. I forgot that this is always coming up on new install... Solved it via a thread in the FSLabs forum. But I will de-install the bus again.

Beside of the extreme poor performance of this bird it just makes no fun flying with no traffic, killed graphic settings - I never flew "all to the right" but it dies even with low settings - sitting in a slideshow.

I stick with my PMDG birds, normal settings, acceptable graphics, traffic, side programs on same PC AND deep simulation!

It's a shame you can not get flyable performance with your rig because this plane is by far the best flying experience I have had with a tube liner, pmdg is great but this plane goes beyond what they have released to date because of the ground handling,flight modeling etc.

Any chance you could upgrade to a 6700k?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Any chance you could upgrade to a 6700k?

No chance in the near future. I know it is a great plane, but til I am able to get a new rig it is just an expensive miss-invest. I know its my problem, dont want to blame anyone.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

No chance in the near future. I know it is a great plane, but til I am able to get a new rig it is just an expensive miss-invest. I know its my problem, dont want to blame anyone.

I would not do a whole rig, for FSX a 6700k and new motherboard would do the trick, you could keep the rest

EDIT......

yeah, a 650ti is on the weak side, I missed that part.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I wonder when some of the other non-aircraft features, such as custom keyboard assignments will come along?

The only thing that has stopped me from buying this beauty so far, is the lack of ability to be able to assign FCU commands (particularly the heading bug -/+) to key commands.    I just find operating the FCU entirely with the mouse a little clumsy.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)