Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

EDDG Rwy 07 no ILS with MJC Q400

Hello,

I have conducted two flights already with Majestic Dash Q400 from LSZH to EDDG using Prepar3D v3.4. Each time I was given clearance to approach runway 07. However, it looks like the ILS for that runway does not work with this airplane. The ILS frequency is 111.90, and if I set this frequency during approach, I get no reception from the localizer or the glideslope.

Let me tell you that this is not a problem with the scenery: I have tried a different airplane, and this ILS frequency worked. For test purposes, I have tried the opposite direction (rwy 25, ILS 110.10), and the ILS worked fine with all airplanes including the Dash.

Can someone of you test whether the ILS works on your Dash at EDDG runway 07?  I have tried it with a vanilla Prepar3D and a vanilla MJC Q400 install, but to no avail. I suspect that this must be a flaw inside the airplane's navigation system.

My software:

Prepar3D v3.4.9

Majestic Software Pilot Version 1.019b

Your help is appreciated.

The ILS frequency changed to 111.75 in AIRAC 1506 and (assuming your AIRAC is newer) maybe this plane only uses the AIRAC information to determine working ILS frequencies. Please try 111.75 with the Q400, and if you want to have 111.75 in other aircraft, too, you can download and install the following BGL, which adds 111.75 as an additional ILS frequency:

http://nav.vatsim-germany.org/files/edgg/scenery/eddg/public/FSX_EDDG_additional_ILS07_1506.zip

(the included readme says it works with Aerosoft's EDDG and FSX default, but I assume it will work with P3D, too)

That was it!  I changed the ILS frequency to 111.75, and the localizer/glideslope for runway 07 do work now. I had no idea about the frequency change (as I have been using Aerosoft's German Airports EDDG in P3D, an airport which was published over 4 years ago) and no idea about the fact that the airplane uses navigational data from its AIRAC.

Anyway. thank you very much for this useful information!

All the nav radios (ADF/NDB, VOR, ILS) in the Majestic Q400 go off the AIRAC database, I think it's about the only addon that doesn't use the integral FSX one. Means you can go off current charts but also means a frequencies you've memorised may no longer work and you can't use the inbuilt FS map to get frequencies.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

And there is no way to let Majestic Q400 use the FSX/P3D internal NAV database (based on bgl files)?  If not, it's not a big deal - I am just wondering.

I think it's about the only addon that doesn't use the integral FSX one.

The only one? I could think of a few others also. PMDG 737, PMDG 777, Aerosoft A318/319/320/321, QW 146, QW 757, Feelthere EJets, etc... basically everything with a proper FMS.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

All of those use the internal FSX nav database to drive their radios (to my knowledge). They have AIRAC but only for use by FMS/LNAV.

In fact to be more accurate they're not just using the FSX database, they're using the complete FSX nav radio "back end" to get data on where the needles should be pointing. Whereas Majestic has to calculate/generate all that based on where it's database says the original of the signal is and the characteristics of that signal (strength/range, glideslope angle etc)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg