Sign in to follow this  

Road width

Just curious: is there a simple way to change the width of roads? I absolutely love how XP shows me the real roads but specially the smaller roads, in cities, towns, etc. often are too wide... and when there are a lot of corners or when the road are on mountain sides things can look ugly (also because the roads aren't rounded...?). Is there something you can do about this? 

BTW It is a pity roads on mountains follow the slopes: that looks quite odd...

You DO know this is a flight simulator, right?  :wink:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

There is a plugin somewhere on org about changing road width and colours. I do think that roads are generally too wide and dark, especially if you fly in southern europe

• Upvote 2

I personally turn the roads and cars off as they eat up too much CPU. On my new GTX 1070 I noticed that X-Plane barely utilises the entire GPU and is bottlenecked on the CPU. Turning roads and cars off really gives a big bump in performance. Unfortanetely there is no way to do this in XP11

There is a plugin somewhere on org about changing road width and colours

I think it only changes the colours, but they are already different colours now in XP11 for Europe

You DO know this is a flight simulator, right?  :wink:

Haha, LOL, yes, I do, but for many years flightsims are more like worldsims to me. Without pretty graphics to look at out of the window I wouldn't be flying, I think. And I certainly wouldn't be flying XP (because I do miss my Cherokee). But XP has TONS of pretty graphics and that's why it is my favorite sim right now. If I would be in this hobby only for the flying, I would be using P3D right now.

Haha, LOL, yes, I do, but for many years flightsims are more like worldsims to me. Without pretty graphics to look at out of the window I wouldn't be flying, I think. And I certainly wouldn't be flying XP (because I do miss my Cherokee). But XP has TONS of pretty graphics and that's why it is my favorite sim right now. If I would be in this hobby only for the flying, I would be using P3D right now.

Oh I agree.  the immersion factor if XP, out of the box is way better right now, and it's evolving too.  I too love to fly anywhere I can (and if I have the scenery downloaded).  I have a lot of aircraft that I used in P3D that I miss, but I don't miss the headaches and frustration that with it, so right now, as I have a very stable sim, I am content not jumping too far in and loading up on add-ons, but with the large selection of freeware across the board, I am sedate and happy. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I think it only changes the colours, but they are already different colours now in XP11 for Europe

Maybe it was a plugin posted in our italian community to better fit roads with photoreal decreasing the width by making the border transparent. I will try to find some a link.