Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

Slow Operation of the CDU interface

Recently, I have noticed a very slow communication flow between the Virtual CDU and the NGX.  I also received a warning message from the Apple iOS stating that the software needed to be upgraded to prevent reducing iPad performance.  This was an in-device popup message box.

I can switch FMC pages with the CDU without problem.  However, when make scratchpad entries, the keystroke entry is registered immediately on the FMC scratchpad in the simulator, but there is a very noticeable delay (several seconds at times) between the key entry being displayed in the Virtual CDU scratch pad.   For example, you want to enter an altitude constraint of 10000.  You type 1 0 0 0 0 into the scratchpad. The number appear in the scratchpad of the sim CDU as you type it, but it takes several seconds for the numbers to appear on the Virtual CDU.  Sometimes, you are not sure if the numbers took and you keep pressing the "0" key.  This results in more "0" than what you wanted.

Since this prompted an Apple iOS message, I'm going to report it as support ticket.  I was using iOS 10.1x, but upgraded to iOS 10.2 yesterday.  The upgrade did not make a difference.  It is also a fairly recent problem.  I was flying simulator last weekend and did not notice the problem.

I am using Virtual CDU 1.2 for the PMDG NGX.  I have not tried the B777 Virtual CDU

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks,

Rich Boll

Wichita KS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!