Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

DC-3 for X-Plane

My flight was from Chicago to Buffalo to Syracuse, NY. My father said that I was crying when I had to get off of the plane. I have loved aviation ever since then. I have been involved with Flight Simulations since 1984 and participated in several of Microsoft's beta programs. I met Austin Meyer when he came out with his first simulator, X-Plane Helicopter, many years ago.

• Upvote 1

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Since we're reminiscing... I've only had one flight in a DC-3 but it was pretty spectacular. It was on a flight from Caracas to Canaima on a visit to Angel Falls back in the early 80's. Back then, they'd fly the plane close enough to the Falls on the way in, that you'd get spray on the wing. Good times. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Hope you enjoy it, Rick.

We're looking at a few small issues with it in XP11, but so far, it looks promising that any update will be minor.  

I purchased it. It works ok in XP11 without any tweaks. However, there some anomalies in ground behaviour that developers promised to look at (time permitting)

I actually tested it yesterday, and so far, haven't had an issue.  I'll look at it some more and mess with the calibration to see if I can replicate what you're seeing and get back to you.  In the meantime, do me a favor.  Open the DC-3 in X Plane 11's Planemaker program, then save it and close it.  See what that does.  This re-saves the flight model in XP11 format.  Maybe this is why I'm not seeing your issue, because I've opened it, worked on it and closed it in Planemaker a few times.

Hope you enjoy it, Rick.

We're looking at a few small issues with it in XP11, but so far, it looks promising that any update will be minor.  

I actually tested it yesterday, and so far, haven't had an issue.  I'll look at it some more and mess with the calibration to see if I can replicate what you're seeing and get back to you.  In the meantime, do me a favor.  Open the DC-3 in X Plane 11's Planemaker program, then save it and close it.  See what that does.  This re-saves the flight model in XP11 format.  Maybe this is why I'm not seeing your issue, because I've opened it, worked on it and closed it in Planemaker a few times.

Will do. Thanks

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

My flight was from Chicago to Buffalo to Syracuse, NY. My father said that I was crying when I had to get off of the plane. I have loved aviation ever since then. I have been involved with Flight Simulations since 1984 and participated in several of Microsoft's beta programs. I met Austin Meyer when he came out with his first simulator, X-Plane Helicopter, many years ago.

My brother threw up on my Mom on his DC-3 flight!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I have the LES DC 3, Ground handling is a pita, hardly moves on grass. Once airborne it's nice though.

Torfi

My brother threw up on my Mom on his DC-3 flight!

:-))

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hope you enjoy it, Rick.

Reload with Planemeker and ground anomaly no longer there. Thanks you!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

That is great news.  Thanks!

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

It sounds like this bird is a keeper-  can anyone confirm?

Thanks,  Bruce.

Goran's DC-3 is the first plane I install whenever I set up X-Plane.  It's a fantastic piece of work.

• Upvote 1

Reload with Planemeker and ground anomaly no longer there. Thanks you!

Great.  I'll add that to the database of fixes for XP11.

Enjoy!

Great.  I'll add that to the database of fixes for XP11.

Enjoy!

So dumb suggestion, but while this is easy enough to do *for people who know how and also have heard about the problem and the fix*, wouldn't it be nice for you to just re-release the package after having done this, so people can have it working out of the box..?

So dumb suggestion, but while this is easy enough to do *for people who know how and also have heard about the problem and the fix*, wouldn't it be nice for you to just re-release the package after having done this, so people can have it working out of the box..?

Most plane authors are waiting until XP11 is out of beta before releasing any updated versions. I think that's entirely reasonable, since a beta is a moving target and might break something else.

Meanwhile, both developers and users are sharing info that might help users get the older planes working. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor