Sign in to follow this  
airbusa333

Caution Terrain- pull up!

I will probably buy the 777 but is the reported error with the terrain warning when landing solved? Regards AirbusA333.

This is not a common problem and can usually be fixed by deleting a particular file that then rebuilds automatically.

PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

but is the reported error with the terrain warning when landing solved?

I have been flying this airplane for over 3 years now and I don't know what error you are writing about. Are there any specific situations where this error occurs? I have heard the warning but I believe in all cases it was a valid warning and not an error.

I have been flying this airplane for over 3 years now and I don't know what error you are writing about. Are there any specific situations where this error occurs? I have heard the warning but I believe in all cases it was a valid warning and not an error.

OK, but Im talking about PMDG 777 for the FSX - I have read a lot of reported error from people regarding this. 

This is not a common problem and can usually be fixed by deleting a particular file that then rebuilds automatically.

PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

Mike

Do you have to delete a file? What if it doesnt help after I have bought it - PMDG for FSX. 

Anders Abbot. 

OK, but Im talking about PMDG 777 for the FSX - I have read a lot of reported error from people regarding this.

The 777 I fly is for FSX. I did not need to delete a file. If you do have a problem, you can post it on this Forum for user to user support or submit a ticket to PMDG support. If you were thinking of a refund, there is none on software.

The problem of false terrain warning is rare and I haven't seen anyone who could not get it fixed.  Most people don't ever get it AFAIK.  Any software runs the risk of something not working properly on your system.  PMDG has excellent customer support, and its support forums are very active.  Why worry about something that may never happen?  Most addons have some bugs; usually they get fixed.  PMDG is very good about this and has released several updates for the 777 since its initial release.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

You are right! This aircraft is outstanding! No callouts in landing configuration - everything is ok and this is state of the art in FSX sim!

Anders Abbot

You are right! This aircraft is outstanding! No callouts in landing configuration - everything is ok and this is state of the art in FSX sim!

Hi Anders,

If you ever do encounter unexplained "terrain" or "pull up" messages on approach, the fix is to delete the file ARPT_RWY.dat.  It is located in FSX\PMDG\Navdata but it is not part of the regular nav data.  Rather it is a cache file for the 777.  It does contain elevation information.  You can back it up just to be safe.  It will rebuild the next time you run the 777.

The other problems deleting it can fix are missing runways or strange runway error messages showing up on the CDU (FMC interface screen).  This usually involves airports where the stock FSX airport is out of date, such as KORD.

I'm sure you will enjoy flying the PMDG 777!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2