Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Cheesy Hula-Girl statuette on the new AirFoils C172 v1.70

Is there a sale anywhere for the new airfoils 172?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Is there a sale anywhere for the new airfoils 172?

It was on sale on black Friday.

Try clicking on the glove box or side pocket. If all else fails, you should be able to go into plane maker, find the object, and delete it. 

That's what I thought.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

To a point I agree that non-standard items should be optional, however.....she takes up less room than the whiskey compass.... (OK the compass may be a useful item!)

I hate looking out of a Cessna only to find the dang wing strut blocking my view...

I've got my opinion, the OP has his. We're all different.

If it helps, perhaps think of this particular Cessna as a rental: you're flying someone else's plane and can't go ripping the dashboard up. (Might not help if you've gone ahead and got your own livery on it!).

It could be worse... at least the Hula Girl isn't stuck directly in front of the left seat.  :Tounge:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Mitch got all excited about nothing. All he has to do is:

"Use Plane-Maker to delete the hula.obj (in Standard/Misc Objects) - it is the next to last. That should do it. Once you save a change,
PM will create a back-up acf (a .act~ file), in case you want to revert because you are flying to Hawaii"

• Upvote 2

Does it work in XP11 and how is it better than the C172 that came in XP11?

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

AirFoils looks pretty solid comparing with stock (which is also pretty good by the way)

However, I do have some questions about AirFoils implementation of certain aspects. For example I always lean mixture during the taxi. In fact, it's highly recommended for engine health (unless ambient temperature is very high of course). AF  coding doesn't seems to agree with this concept for some reason.

Another thing I noticed - during a slow flight require AF model seems required less right rudder than in real aircraft. And during uncoordinated stalls AF 172 always drop left wing.

Disclaimer: I have flown  and taught in 172C/M/N/P/R/S models. I personally own 172P, so closely familiar with a lot of  maintenance  aspects of real 172.

Still with a lot of shortcomings it's one of the best implementations I have ever tried. It's hard to make perfect something that everyone knows after all

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Mitch got all excited about nothing. All he has to do is:

"Use Plane-Maker to delete the hula.obj (in Standard/Misc Objects) - it is the next to last. That should do it. Once you save a change,

PM will create a back-up acf (a .act~ file), in case you want to revert because you are flying to Hawaii"

Thank you...just read your post...will try that!  :))))...and oh...I can guarantee you, I won't be the only one doing this...but the others will do it er...quietly... ;)

No it does not work in XP 11. There's an update planned for Jan 2017, but I think this will not happen until XP 11 is released. XP 11 is still in a Beta state.

Is it better than the default XP 11? If all you want to do is fly around and do some sight seeing, then stick with the default. If you want a realistic simulation of a c172, then the Airfoil Labs 172 is as good as it gets.

Thank you...just read your post...will try that!  :))))...and oh...I can guarantee you, I won't be the only one doing this...but the others will do it er...quietly... ;)

No problem Buddy!

Thank you guys.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Which one has better graphics for the virtual cockpit? Default XP11 172 or the Airfoils?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Which one has better graphics for the virtual cockpit? Default XP11 172 or the Airfoils?

I believe AF hasn't updated 172 for XP11. So we have to wait and see

AirFoils looks pretty solid comparing with stock (which is also pretty good by the way)

However, I do have some questions about AirFoils implementation of certain aspects. For example I always lean mixture during the taxi. In fact, it's highly recommended for engine health (unless ambient temperature is very high of course). AF  coding doesn't seems to agree with this concept for some reason.

Another thing I noticed - during a slow flight require AF model seems required less right rudder than in real aircraft. And during uncoordinated stalls AF 172 always drop left wing.

Disclaimer: I have flown  and taught in 172C/M/N/P/R/S models. I personally own 172P, so closely familiar with a lot of  maintenance  aspects of real 172.

Still with a lot of shortcomings it's one of the best implementations I have ever tried. It's hard to make perfect something that everyone knows after all

Given your RL experience, can you compare it to the A2A version ? And, btw, since ELITE PC is the flightsim I use ( includes a few variants of the 172 and 182 ) it would be great if you also had any experience with it ... Ah! And what about the 172 in Aerofly FS 2 ?

Thanks, really interested in reading your comments!

And, no, in XP11 a screen is displayed if one selects the aircraft, asking to wait for the XP11 update.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Given your RL experience, can you compare it to the A2A version ? And, btw, since ELITE PC is the flightsim I use ( includes a few variants of the 172 and 182 ) it would be great if you also had any experience with it ... Ah! And what about the 172 in Aerofly FS 2 ?

Thanks, really interested in reading your comments!

And, no, in XP11 a screen is displayed if one selects the aircraft, asking to wait for the XP11 update.

I don't have Elite or Aerofly FS 2. I do have A2A version, but hasn't used for a long time. I think both A2A and AF versions are good. But as far as immersion factor I believe XP11 beats P3D at the moment. Flying at night especially looks terrific at XP11. 

By the way I have several XP10 aircraft ported to XP11. Some of them gives compatibility message as well, but I still fly them in XP11. As long as developer promises free XP11 update your are safe.

But I didn't manage to pass the splash screen when I load 1.70 in XP11 b2...

Thanks for the reply sd_flyer !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

But I didn't manage to pass the splash screen when I load 1.70 in XP11 b2...

Thanks for the reply sd_flyer !

Yes I got this with new version as well. Sorry I didn't check on time