Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Cheesy Hula-Girl statuette on the new AirFoils C172 v1.70

Can't you just click on it?

I tried that, didn't get a response of any kind. I will try though again.  OMG...so cheesy! :sad:

Clicked on this distracting statuette, and can not get rid of it on top of the panel.  No way to remove it with the options. This is a use-killer for me. Will go back to a prior version.  I don't put distracting statuette's on my car dash, and no way would I put one on an aircraft panel....

The dev's sense of humor?  Didn't appreciate it....a very cheesy move.

Airfoillabs_C172_SP_medium_res_7.png

I tried that, didn't get a response of any kind. I will try though again.  OMG...so cheesy! :sad:

Clicked on this distracting statuette, and can not get rid of it on top of the panel.  No way to remove it with the options. This is a use-killer for me. Will go back to a prior version.  I don't put distracting statuette's on my car dash, and no way would I put one on an aircraft panel....

The dev's sense of humor?  Didn't appreciate it....a very cheesy move.

Airfoillabs_C172_SP_medium_res_7.png

If you click on her multiple times, does she swing back and forth?  :dance:

• Upvote 5

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

If you click on her multiple times, does she swing back and forth?  :dance:

Deleted the v1.70 folder...no further worries. Will fly an earlier version.

Can't believe that they would add this visual crap to the panel right in your forward view.  Totally unprofessional.

This new version is so much better than the last version. I wouldn't delete it because of a Hula-Girl. :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Kind of agree with Ses, they shouldn't add stuff like that without the ability to get rid of it. Kind of strange it can't be removed.

Wow... so much hate for the Hula Girl!

They are around for a reason, you know... they're the universal Good Luck talisman for purveyors of Durable Goods, Vagabonds, and beach loving, Corona drinking expats soaking up the rays on some magical Beach somewhere in the tropics...

Honestly, though... couldn't you 'remove' it via editing the Panel.bmp?

Alan   :Tounge:  

• Upvote 3

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

This new version is so much better than the last version. I wouldn't delete it because of a Hula-Girl. :smile:

It all has to do with your sense of reality.  I would never put this type of thing up on my car dash, let alone to distract you in a critical eye-flight panel interaction.  The cockpit should be sterile, and uncluttered, and not to distract the pilot.  Just my viewpoint.  I wonder if you can switch out prior versions of the panel..or is it tied in with v1.70.  Like for instance v1.61?   Again, I can't believe that they included it, just so you would see something shake on landing, or at ground taxi.   Again..so cheesy....

Wow... so much hate for the Hula Girl!

They are around for a reason, you know... they're the universal Good Luck talisman for purveyors of Durable Goods, Vagabonds, and beach loving, Corona drinking expats soaking up the rays on some magical Beach somewhere in the tropics...

Honestly, though... couldn't you 'remove' it via editing the Panel.bmp?

Alan   :Tounge:  

If I knew how...I certainly would...and get back to the version.  Why they didn't allow you to check, or un-check this distraction/placement upon panel dash, is beyond me....

Does it work in XP11?

No...a message comes up that they will release an XP11 dedicated version in the future.

It all has to do with your sense of reality.  I would never put this type of thing up on my car dash, let alone to distract you in a critical eye-flight panel interaction.  The cockpit should be sterile, and uncluttered, and not to distract the pilot.  Just my viewpoint.  I wonder if you can switch out prior versions of the panel..or is it tied in with v1.70.  Like for instance v1.61?   Again, I can't believe that they included it, just so you would see something shake on landing, or at ground taxi.   Again..so cheesy....

If you can't fly with fake hula gril forget about real one :)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Ha, that's great, but I agree it should be optional... sort of like the Austin Meyer Bobble Head in the XP11 C172...

Of course, having said that, I had one on the top of my panel of my '63 Piper Colt in real life for years ha... stuck her right above the radio stack (well, I use "stack" loosely here, it consisted of one poorly working old analog COM) in the middle of the panel, about where they did.  Mine had an orange skirt though :Tounge:  :dance: 

It flies very nicely:

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

I did not even notice it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Try clicking on the glove box or side pocket. If all else fails, you should be able to go into plane maker, find the object, and delete it.