Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Orbx EU Norway

I would respectively disagree with this comment.  I mostly fly NGX/A320 on Norwegian/SAS routes too in Norway and it is BEAUTIFUL!!  I get if you're low and slow, you have some more time to enjoy the scenery.  But, that doesn't mean that just because you fly high and fast, that you can't enjoy the scenery sometimes too!  So I'd say it's totally worth it...even for tubeliner flying.

Thanks for the input Kevin!

As I said in my initial post the main reason I got more interested in what's outside of my a/c is I started doing my flying using a pair of Oculus Rift glasses. Combined with the FlyInside software the sensation is amazing and it actually feels like you're in the real aircraft which also means you get the sensation of actually being where ever your aircraft happens to be.

Having that sensation you obviously want things around you to look as pretty and realistic as possible :smile:

Was also good news to hear the region border is hardly noticeable if you have the global FTX products installed which I do have.

Currently I'm using FTX Global Base, openLC, Global Vector and FS Global Ultimate Mesh.

Richard Åsberg

i really enjoy flying around this area, it's a nice scenery.

i have only flown in fsx but i would say the performance is comparable to the south alaska region of orbx, it's definitely faster than norcal/socal probably due to the lack of giant urban and suburban areas.

the AoN airport package freeware is fabulous too and integrates nicely with it, it adds some very high near-payware quality to like a dozen of the airports.. it's located at http://www.flightsimnorway.com/

cheers

-andy crosby

I would respectively disagree with this comment. I mostly fly NGX/A320 on Norwegian/SAS routes too in Norway and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I get if you're low and slow, you have some more time to enjoy the scenery. But, that doesn't mean that just because you fly high and fast, that you can't enjoy the scenery sometimes too! So I'd say it's totally worth it...even for tubeliner flying.[/quot
I would respectively disagree with this comment. I mostly fly NGX/A320 on Norwegian/SAS routes too in Norway and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I get if you're low and slow, you have some more time to enjoy the scenery. But, that doesn't mean that just because you fly high and fast, that you can't enjoy the scenery sometimes too! So I'd say it's totally worth it...even for tubeliner flying.
I agree on that for sure!

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Fact is I currently have an issue with the Orbx FTX Global Lights Configurator and so far I've received zero support from Orbx.

I then figured I would create a support ticket only to learn Orbx doesn't give you that option but instead you are told to use their forum where they don't reply.

Only minutes ago I received an answer from another user wishing me good luck to receive any help. He had the same problem and told me he's been waiting for two weeks and still no real attention from Orbx and certainly no solution in sight.

So...at this point I'm not very tempted investing any more money in Orbx.

Richard Åsberg

ORBX support isn't the best. They're an umbrella for various developers and if they don't hang around the forum you might be out of luck. I've not been too happy about the response from Aerosoft either, so I guess in the FS world things are pretty much as in the real world. The biggest players have the worst service :) But, I also try to remember that the FS industry isn't really an industry. Most of the developers that create aircraft and scenery do so in their spare time. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I have been using ORBX Norway, along with Vector since its release,  and am really enjoying flying both IFR & VFR  over this beautiful panoramic scenery. ORBX have done a great job

I would also strongly recommend the superb photo realistic airports of Norway by Andrew Thomsen, available freeware from AVSIM, this to me is the icing on the cake, truly payware

quality renditions of airports, for both FSX and P3D.

Mike

What you say is very true but when I buy a product I expect to get friendly and helpful support in a timely fashion and this is no different whether I'm buying a new TV or a new add-on for my flight sim.

Richard Åsberg

Hi, I'm sad you still haven't solved the lights problems with Orbx.

About Norway, if you have FS Global Ultimate mesh, disable or uninstall vector (will gain FPS & VAS).

I've flown to all the airports of FTX Norway with the A2A Comanche, is an awesome region, not only the geography, also the light.

Now I'm using Oculus Rift and is an amazing experience.

Don't loss this experience because a support  issue by Orbx. 

Kind regards,

Jorge.

Va pensiero sull'ali dorate...

Hi, I'm sad you still haven't solved the lights problems with Orbx.

About Norway, if you have FS Global Ultimate mesh, disable or uninstall vector (will gain FPS & VAS).

I've flown to all the airports of FTX Norway with the A2A Comanche, is an awesome region, not only the geography, also the light.

Now I'm using Oculus Rift and is an amazing experience.

Don't loss this experience because a support issue by Orbx.

Kind regards,

Jorge.

Thanks for the encouraging words Jorge and nice to hear how you too have discovered the future flying in VR!

Richard Åsberg

Living in Denmark which is VERY flat, it's a real pleasure to fly in Norway with all the mountains and fjords and I can only recommend orbx Norway AND AoN (Airports of Norway). And remember to get Henrik Nielsens AI ships which covers the whole world, and you'll see ships in the many fjords and oilrigs being towed. Now that Orbx is also making Germany South, we only need them to make Denmark and Sweden to fly in some fantastic scenery from the french border to Nordkap :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

If you're flying VR then get it, Beautiful scenery. I would also get Airports of Norway freeware made for ftx global, ftx Norway.Adds numerous very nicely done airports.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb