Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

An-2 for X-Plane 11?

Hello,

i would like to have the An-2 in XP11. Unfortunately the plane won`t show up in XP11.

Is anybody able to fly her in XP11? Or does anybody know an alternative An-2 model, which works in XP11?

Many thanks!

Greetings 

Nils 

I hope Red Eyes updates their An-2.  Am not aware of any other payware an-2's, but there is the freeware one at the org.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I was wondering this as well. The dedicated forum on .org looks pretty abandon

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Thanks for the replys.

The An-2, which i did link, is freeware and i`m interested in a free version, which works in XP11. I did copy all files to X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Extra Aircraft\An-2 v3, but the An-2 won`t show up in the aircraft menue.

I have that AN-2 model for XP10 and I just tried moving it over to XP11 beta. You're right, it doesn't show up in the plane list, although I have some other XP10 models that do show up. 

I suggest waiting until we have a few more beta patches, or until XP11 goes final. There are other reports of older planes not showing up, and right now there is no way to know if it's a problem with the beta or this particular free model. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

It won't open in XP11 beta2 Planemaker. I get this error message:

I could not open this airplane!

Aircraft/FSE/An-2 v3/An-2.acf

Perhaps it is an old version?

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor