Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Hard to believe, EZdok V2 close.

After seeing how support over the last 6 years with EZdok has been, there is no way I will touch another product from them. Chaseplane all the way.

• Upvote 2

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I heard about chase plane but I don't like the fact that an internet connection is required to use the program. I'm going to wait for EZDok v2 and see. Still on version 1 and for me it works.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Ezdok works for me too, but it's ridiculously buggy. And temperamental. Oh yes. Extremely temperamental. Sometimes it just doesn't work, for no other reason other than it just feels like it. Thankfully I'm having less of these incidents since the last update.

I would have no hesitation buying a new version of Ezdok if it were more stable and had proper support for it. Obviously time will tell if this is to be the case. But for now I'll stick with 1.187 or whatever it is.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Well, I was about to buy ChasePlane the day the alpha came out but luckily I found out before I did that they don't support TrackIR yet. I'm also using EZCA v1 for years now and although it has many drawbacks I'm still loving it and can't imagine flying without it. So, for me it's pretty simple.. if EZCA v2 comes out before ChasePlane supports TrackIR I'm going with EZCA, if ChasePlane supports TrackIR before EZCA comes out I'll go with ChasePlane. I won't buy both for sure because I don't see any point in that.

if EZCA v2 comes out before ChasePlane supports TrackIR I'm going with EZCA, if ChasePlane supports TrackIR before EZCA comes out I'll go with ChasePlane. I won't buy both for sure because I don't see any point in that.

Looks like you are going with ChasePlane then.....

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/blog/2016/12/27/chaseplane-alpha-1-5/

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

EZdok 2 official release date 03 Jan per their web site.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-v2-announcement-here_topic57108.html

• Upvote 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

ver 1.8.7 has been totally bug and crash free for me other than a simconnect message which only comes when fsx takes long time to start due to an internal dialogue. will upgrade to ver 2.0 once out.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

I do wish they'd release before the holidays are over but, yes, this is great news.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Too late for me. Using ChasePlane now - and I am really glad to have it. Works perfectly.

So no need to go back to EZDok. I always hated this software....

Have also switched to ChasePlane and I'm quite satisified. I think, I'll skip EzDok for now... would check out, if there's an upgrade path for existing customers, though... 

After seeing how support over the last 6 years with EZdok has been, there is no way I will touch another product from them. Chaseplane all the way.

Exactly... agreed!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Have also switched to ChasePlane and I'm quite satisified. I think, I'll skip EzDok for now... would check out, if there's an upgrade path for existing customers, though...

I would have probably tried Chaseplane as well.  I've said it elsewhere that the cloud thing just gave me a nope.  So many things can go wrong setting up a flight and now they add Internet, server availability, DNS to it?  Gosh, I'd just think there are better, more practical ways to accomplish the antipiracy they're after.  Brilliant user interface and a nice looking package otherwise.  Anyway, to each his own. 

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I would have probably tried Chaseplane as well.  I've said it elsewhere that the cloud thing just gave me a nope.  So many things can go wrong setting up a flight and now they add Internet, server availability, DNS to it?  Gosh, I'd just think there are better, more practical ways to accomplish the antipiracy they're after.  Brilliant user interface and a nice looking package otherwise.  Anyway, to each his own. 

I think you worry a bit too much about that Internet thing.

• Upvote 1

I think you worry a bit too much about that Internet thing.

I don't think he does. I was left the last 4 month without internet because of my great internet provider. The good thing was: I could fly anyway. I could not imagine how it would have been without a working camera tool, which is essential.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I don't think he does. I was left the last 4 month without internet because of my great internet provider. The good thing was: I could fly anyway. I could not imagine how it would have been without a working camera tool, which is essential.

If you put it like that, you're absolutely right. I made a mistake of looking at the issue from my point of view.. in the last, I dunno, 6+ years my internet was out for about 10 minutes.. combined! So I never had this problem and I live in eastern Europe. If I think about it now, they probably should implement an offline option for cases like that. The reality of things is that if pirates want to crack something they usually do no matter the protection measures taken by the developer so at the end the legit user gets the short end of the stick. But still, if you have a reliable internet connection I don't think you have much to worry about but nonetheless an offline option would be nice.