Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Hard to believe, EZdok V2 close.

If you put it like that, you're absolutely right. I made a mistake of looking at the issue from my point of view.. in the last, I dunno, 6+ years my internet was out for about 10 minutes.. combined! So I never had this problem and I live in eastern Europe. If I think about it now, they probably should implement an offline option for cases like that. The reality of things is that if pirates want to crack something they usually do no matter the protection measures taken by the developer so at the end the legit user gets the short end of the stick. But still, if you have a reliable internet connection I don't think you have much to worry about but nonetheless an offline option would be nice.

Yeah, for me it was the same. But it never happened until it happens, right :) I really think for many people it will not be a problem but for many it will be. But that why it is an Alpha, they can come up with something else.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Blown away with XP11 - having a huge garage sale on addons fyi  :wink: sorry honesty is the best policy with me - its how I roll

Only thing is the Night sky right now hope they address that soon

Interesting this sale :) where? :D

I think you worry a bit too much about that Internet thing.

I live in the US southeast in a rural area and my Internet can go down for a few minutes eight to, maybe, fifteen times a day...those are the ones I detect.  Might be more. ( I've had a few big outages that lasted from a half a day to a day and a half in the last few years.)  Something is, obviously, going on that they need to fix...but when?  As for EZDok, I've not been unhappy in the long run. It occasionally annoys me when I start the sim...other than that it's been fine.  Glad to see the 2.0 coming out.  I'm not religious about it, though.  If Chaseplane finds a better way to manage intipiracy I might try it too.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I've always been amazed by the lack of enthusiasm for OpusFSX (now OpusFSI). With the views being so easy to set, AND connected to current weather, its great.  It also has a weather engine that has always worked brilliantly for me.

Plus....The BIG thing.... Support is nothing short of outstanding!

No, I have no connection with the developer;-)

• Upvote 1

I've always been amazed by the lack of enthusiasm for OpusFSX (now OpusFSI). With the views being so easy to set, AND connected to current weather, its great.  It also has a weather engine that has always worked brilliantly for me.

Plus....The BIG thing.... Support is nothing short of outstanding!

No, I have no connection with the developer;-)

I use Opus myself and agree with what you say but I find the big problem with Opus views is that it it is impossible to get the ultra smooth transitions between the VC views that Chase Plane and Ezdok seem to do.

There is always a jerkiness to the transition, no matter what transition time I set.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I use Opus myself and agree with what you say but I find the big problem with Opus views is that it it is impossible to get the ultra smooth transitions between the VC views that Chase Plane and Ezdok seem to do.

There is always a jerkiness to the transition, no matter what transition time I set.

gb.

Unless it has changed, Opus cameras will not react to turbulence generated by any weather engine other than...Opus. I would be prepared to repurchase Opus just for the cameras. However they will not get my money as long as their software is so narrowly focused. I can see it from their point of view. However it doesn't work for me. Too bad.

Unless it has changed, Opus cameras will not react to turbulence generated by any weather engine other than...Opus. I would be prepared to repurchase Opus just for the cameras. However they will not get my money as long as their software is so narrowly focused. I can see it from their point of view. However it doesn't work for me. Too bad.

I get turbulence with Opus camera's with AS2016, and the vibrations as well. Been using opus camera's only since the very first release.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I get turbulence with Opus camera's with AS2016, and the vibrations as well. Been using opus camera's only since the very first release.

Yes you get turbulence and vibration with other weather engines

but Opus say that only their weather engine will give the most accurate responses:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/469063-ezdok-user-thinking-about-get-opusfsi-only-for-buttkicker-control/?p=3243530

Whether it really makes a difference in practice.....?

gb,

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Some news for pricing policy (got it in Russian-speaking sim community site)

For users who bought Ezdok V1 within 30 days before release - upgrade is free to V2

For existing owners of V1 - V2 price 11.95 usd (offer is limited by 2 weeks after release date)

For new customers - V2 price 19.95 usd (offer is limited by 2 weeks after release date)

After 2 weeks general price will be 34.95

Release is expecting 03-04.01.17

• Upvote 1

Whether it really makes a difference in practice.....?

Yes, that is the thing. One would have to compare other camera apps to see if Opus was delivering the goods so to speak.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

For users who bought Ezdok V1 within 30 days before release - upgrade is free to V2

For existing owners of V1 - V2 price 11.95 usd (offer is limited by 2 weeks after release date)

For new customers - V2 price 19.95 usd (offer is limited by 2 weeks after release date)

That a pretty fair deal, day one buy for me.

Interesting... only $11.95 for existing customers? Nice! 

Maybe should try this, though... 

Is it still Flight1 which is distributing?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thank you for the info. It will be a day 1 purchase for me also.

Interesting... only $11.95 for existing customers? Nice! 

Maybe should try this, though... 

Is it still Flight1 which is distributing?

Yes, it will be distributed via Flight 1

Will it work with my already set V1 profiles?

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020