Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation Mesh

It's a lot of money. If I was certain to get 1mtr resolution for my area maybe? Otherwise, as I already have 10mtr mesh, I'll give it a miss.

Phil

I've purchased all titles of FSGlobal Ultimate when they appeared and spent altogether about 150 €. I cannot imagine what content/new features would justify another purchase. Support of FSGlobat Mesh products is one of the worst I have ever seen.

So not with me this time.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

If P3D can get the popping texture loading problem solved I'm buying this - Until then, I'll continue to keep away from mountainous scenery. 

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It's a lot of money. If I was certain to get 1mtr resolution for my area maybe? Otherwise, as I already have 10mtr mesh, I'll give it a miss.

Phil

It is just about half the price you had to pay for the complete Global Ultimate package.

Hi,

Just received it. After a (very) long install (more than 2 hours), I gave it a try : first impression, very less VAS usage then older versions.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Hi,

Just received it. After a (very) long install (more than 2 hours), I gave it a try : first impression, very less VAS usage then older versions.

Yves

More LOD and less VAS usage ?

Seems unlikely.

Probably due to a clean new install..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

80 euri's is a lot of money for an add-on, specifically if it is mesh. (but I guess the production cost are also high, hence the price)

I use now FreeMeshX (in the past FS Global) and I don't have a clue how accurate FreeMeshX is.

But to be honest I don't care. How would I ever know?

If mountains/hills in real life are (a bit) more detailed, I can/will never notice.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I have a feeling 64 bit P3D isn't far away, holding back on any more addons like this. Maybe it could transition over as it's only data but I'm not going to be a guinea pig. 

• Upvote 3

Hi,

Yves

Can you do a manual install - a simple copy and paste? 

Not at all! My install has been done in september. THe only change is ENVETEX and I reduced some texture sizes, especialy clouds.

Yves

No, all files are in .bin compressed... I had a bug with the 9th DVD and had to reinstall from begening...

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Then it's definitively a no go for me... Anyway, enjoy your mountains! 

My initial observation about FS Global Mesh Ultimate 2016, was that it was a significant improvement outside of NA, but within NA, the improvement was good, but not earth-shattering (bad pun I know) over the 2010 version.

Well, after loading the  newly released fantastic freeware Terra Emergence Project, I have updated my assessment. The improvement to NA is definitely worth the purchase. These two addons push P3d back to the top of the heap for GA flying. Nothing is even close. Although the improvement in terrain realism is obvious in mountainous areas, the improvement is also evident in flatter areas, where topographic crenulations now show up that match USGS topo maps. I did not install the TEP trees, since I already had ORBX HD Trees installed, but the TEP trees are beautiful  and are free.

To get the best out of both these addons in tandem, it is necessary to run P3d with the finest mesh resolution and the maximum scenery LOD, so if your hardware isn't pretty good, one might not get all the benefits that are possible.

My guess is that they updated FS Global to the 1 arc-second SRTM 3.0 data released in 2014 by NASA, which I used in FreeMeshX. This guess is based on the fact they used SRTM 2.0 for their previous line of products and it would be the cheapest solution for them since SRTM data is completely free.