Sign in to follow this  
shazam

XPX 'Losing' Saitek Pedals

XPX 1.50 on latest Ubuntu LTS ...Saitek Pro pedals. Progressive issue over several weeks... Initially, XPX would lose contact with the pedals during flight. Pull the USB, push it back in, good to go.

Transitioned to lose contact, re-set in same port, no-go.....different port, good to go.

Transitioned to 'what are these rudder pedal things of which you speak?' on loading XPX. Go into settings, and the rudder pedals don't show. Pull the USB, reseat, and they show up for 5 seconds then blink, gone.

There's power to the unit...LED on the pedals is on. Cleaned the USB plug with contact cleaner. No drivers for linux (not surprisingly :-) on Saitek site. Thoughts??

Jim

Try to check with jstest-gtk if they are stable on your setup? They work fine for me under ubuntu 16.10.

Time (again) to show my ignorance.... 'jstest-gtk'....is that a terminal command program? Thank you!

Jim

To install: 

sudo apt install  jstest-gtk

It is in the standard repositories of Ubuntu.

You can start it from the command line or from the dash.

It should show you all joysticks plugged in with the name how it is presented to the USB.

I would not use it to program the buttons, Xplane is very versatile in that area, but you can use it to check the functionality from OS perspective.

At least you will know if you have defective hw or not, or if there is sth with x-plane (what I doubt).

To install: 

sudo apt install  jstest-gtk

It is in the standard repositories of Ubuntu.

You can start it from the command line or from the dash.

It should show you all joysticks plugged in with the name how it is presented to the USB.

I would not use it to program the buttons, Xplane is very versatile in that area, but you can use it to check the functionality from OS perspective.

At least you will know if you have defective hw or not, or if there is sth with x-plane (what I doubt).

Thank you, sir!! Headed to check now!!

Jim

Great program!  It's showing both the yoke and the rudder pedals.  Axis 0 on the pedals is left brake, Axis 1 is right brake, and Axis 2 is the rudder pedals.  Moving the controls actuates the corresponding sliders in all 3 axes.  I assume that rules out hardware, or am I missing something?  Thanks!

Jim

hmm, strange, I never had this, xplane would normally recognize everything that is plugged in.

There is a Linux dedicated forum on the .org, maybe you could ask there ?

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/49-x-plane-linux/

I don't have the pedals plugged in right now, my wife does not like them under the desk (and I don't blame her).

From your initial post, it really looks like a USB problem, and that is on HW or OS level.

Jan

maybe this issue ?

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/71300-upgraded-to-ubuntu-1310-and-now-ch-pedals-not-working-in-xplane-1022/

add: I have been reading that topic, who said Linux couldn't be fun ;-) .

added addendum: I just did a quick circuit with my saitek pedals and X-52 in XP 10  with the Airfoillabs C172 v1.7, no problems at all on my side. 

(about that girl, I must say I love her, it adds some character to the plane  :Devil: . But I know some disagree with me).

It would be easier if we all had the same problem !

Thanks, jh71!!

Started doing some additional investigation, and I think I have something corrupted in my XPX. I went back into the program to investigate the pedals, and my user-defined switch assignments have gone whacked. My 'move view to front center' push-button on the yoke now sets me up to air-drop in the X-15 from the mother-ship.

I will probably re-install from the DVD's. Nice thing about XPX on Linux is that it's relatively painless to re-install, and only a couple add-ons (CT210 and REP) for what I do.

I appreciate the tips from you on jstest-gtk!!

Jim